•×6ו

Fear.

It’s the most basic, the most human emotion. As kids, we’re afraid of everything.

The dark.

The boogeyman under the bed.And we pray for morning.

For those monsters to go away.

Though they never do. Not really. Just ask the Scooby Gang.

"...Are you planning on mounting the bus anytime soon?" Lydia asked sarcastically as Allison sighs and pressed the brake slightly harder. The distance between the bus and her car growing further apart.

Lydia knew, she may not know every little detail but she knew. She didn't have a high IQ just to make sure she looked pretty. Something went down between her best friend and her ex. To which she obviously pointed out, she wasn't one to hide behind the bush with the topic but she rather face the drama head on.

She also knew that something happened with Allison and the new kid, Sweet Pea. Sure she hardly spoke to him let alone hang around with him but she knew he had something to hide.

Whatever that was, Allison knew more than her ex boyfriend and his friend.

She also never failed to notice Allison brushing her fingers on top her pockets (something she hid in he pocket) and her slightly sad demeanor.

Allison felt guilty, but Lydia didn't know why, but she will soon.

She was right, Allison did feel guilty. It was eating at her like the first time she found out about her aunt.

It wasn't because she was hiding the fact she fought werewolves from her dad, or the general situation with Scott, but it was a boy that goes by the name Sweet Pea.

She didn't want anyone to know the effect of the boy's death had on her so she played it off with the defense on Scott. Explaining how he was the one to come to her first.

The memory of Scott coming to her house with one of her arrows.

"Listen the twins were just messing with us. Now their messing with Sweet Pea, he hasn't been here a week and he's already in the mix. I don't know what will happen if they decide to bring you or your dad into this. They scare the hell out of me, they should scare the hell out of you." Scott spoke honestly. Allison sat by her bed, thinking it over. It was true but she couldn't stay out of it even if she tried. Something was telling her they had a reason to go after Sweet Pea.

If they did go to target Sweet Pea and possibly hurt him, she was going to be there to help him. Even if he doesn't want anything to do with her.

Nous protégeons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes.

After the visit from Scott Allison needed to find Sweet Pea. As she got ready to find him she was stopped.

They say guilt can be the death of you, kill you slowly. Whoever spoke that was a genius.

Because they were right. Figuratively and literally.

In Scott McCall's case, it was literally.

He blamed himself for the death of Derek Hale and Sweet Pea. It was one of the main reasons he wasn't healing, infact he was getting worse.

Stiles Stilinski knew when he saw the blood turn black and seeping through his shirt.

•••

"Their not here, even the kid with the snake on his jacket." Cora spoke as they went back to the fight that occurred the night before.

Though she dreaded finding her brothers dead body but she needed to be strong. After the remains of her brother wasn't in sight she went down further to the escalator to where she saw the other kid.

She remembered him, it was like a flashback when she lost control and she remembered the kid punching her. She didn't like him, but she respected his brutal strength.

But just like her brother, his body wasn't here. She kneeled down to where the dried blood was.

Cora takes a deep breath of much needed air. Coughing as she looked towards her savior. She saw a kid she didn't recognize but the smell was familiar. Then she saw the snake embroidered on the leather jacket as she watched the kid throw punches at the female Alpha.

She slowly stood up trying to catch her balance as she saw the Alpha kick the boy and he flew past her.

Before she could make a move, the kid stood up and charged at the female and with strength (she never seen before) he picked her up and ran her right into one of the posts. Temporarily knocking the female out Sweet Pea turns to the young werewolf.

She felt something she hasn't felt since being locked in the vault, it was fear.

The look in the boys eyes was nothing, pure black. She didn't know where the irises started or where it ended. It was like this person was soulless and it wanted blood.

The boy turn away to fight another Alpha. Cora slightly shaken up and tried to process the recent events but it didn't last long as the female Alpha kicked her meters away.

She was curious about the boy, she knew nothing about him and yet he was able to put fear in her with one angry glance. She smelled the blood and it was human, it smelled very similar to the scrawny pale kid.

She looks to the metal poles that stuck upwards beside he pool of blood. If the kid fell any more to the left, he would be a kabob. It didn't make any sense either, a fall from two stories would definitely kill the boy (he was human after all) and if it didn't, he would've bled out.

What were they missing? Remembering the conversation with the Alphas about the kid named Sweet Pea.

What was so special about him?

•••

"Alan, if he dies, they'll go after the others. Don't think your little protege Scott will get in the middle of it." Ms. Morell spoke honestly. She saw the conflict in his eyes as he considers. She knew how much Alan wants to protect Scott McCall and what was to become of him.

Eventually he let them in as they go to the back. Alan getting the supplies ready. The cuts and blood reminded her of the other one.

The one that was more bloody, more angry and more importantly more valuable.

The one they call Sweet Pea.