Short Tory Chapter

Short Tory Chapter 

"James? Hi it's-"

"Tory, I know...Is something wrong? Please, don't tell me you have to cancel."

"What? Oh no, no! I was wondering if we could push the time back a little, to say 9?" 

"No problem. I'll pick you up at 9 and you'll need a warm jacket," informed James. Excitement built up in Tory as she tried to think why she'd need a warm jacket, especially if they're going to be in a restaurant. 

"O-okay. If you say so."

"How's your little girl? No high school boys I need to beat up, right?" James joked, hearing giggles on the other side. He couldn't wait to actually talk to her, face-to-face. Although he'd probably be tongue-tied with her beautiful face in front of him. He just hoped she wouldn't wear too much make-up and hide that pretty face. 

"Right, no high-school boys you'll need to beat up. They're back together anyway, it was all some big misunderstanding.”
“Ah, right. I see.”
“You-you do?...I’m just curious James, how many girlfriends have you had?” asks Tory. A sudden thought occurred to her, what if he’s married? What if he’s got a girlfriend? What if she’s the other woman?
“Not many to be honest. Girls-women....didn’t really want to be involved with me on a serious level because of my...job.”
“Your job? But you said you manage a club, what’s so bad about that?”
“The times mainly. Things...come up, you know and work is work.”
“Oh...” Tory tried not to think too much into it. After all it is just one date, not a proposal. She decided she needed to relax, and just let things plan out however they may. She wasn’t even sure James wanted anything serious or even if she did. It’d been so long since she’d even been on a date that she felt like she was overanalysing it. Trying to figure out the future together when in fact, they may not have a future together.

“Anyway, I have to go. Unfortunately breakfast doesn’t cook itself,” sighed Tory.
“Breakfast? Isn’t it a little late for breakfast now?” asked James amused.
“Brunch then, Mr Technicality.” Teased Tory playing along.
“Mmm, that’s better. Anyway, I’ll see you tonight beautiful.”
“See you tonight, James,” softly replied Tory, the smile still glowing on her features.

For a few minutes she sat there and wondered what it’d be like having a man to wake up to, to cook breakfast on weekends for her, to awake her with a kiss and compliments.

Then shaking her head, she snapped back into reality. Breakfast, right; she thoughts, heading downstairs.

A/n 

I have been reading your comments so here are some of my responses. Um, first of all, the cast list on the side is purely what I think. No way, do you have to imagine the characters as those actors. I hope, and I would like to think that I have made these fictional characters to have their own personality so they are of their own. 
Next one, there have been mixed reactions for Charlotte's turn-around. Of course, I wasn't expecting all of you to be happy with it. But I am glad the majority (from what I've gathered) have felt it was right even if you were shocked (don't lie, I know you were :P ). Obviously, it was planned and not just a random turn-of events I just decided should happen. Yes, she's a tricky character but honestly, I am kind-of trying to make this at least a little realistic, and I believe that in life there will be those people you meet that are a bit...well, bitchy (for lack of better words). 

I know I keep saying this, but thank-you so much for all the support. I do read and take into account all your opinions through the comments and I'm sorry I don't reply to them, but sometimes apart from endless thank-you's I don't know what to say. Also some of them do make me think of answers and replies. But regardless of that, I'm not a closed-off writer so if you guys ever want to chat just inbox me! Honestly, I don't mind.