Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Would you like something to drink or eat Honey Bee?" Dane asks as soon as they enter his apartment. Once again they’re alone; a fact Emery’s painfully aware of. Not only that but, she now realises she doesn't have an escape route.  

"Water please," she requests to moisten her dry throat. Dane hands her the glass of cool liquid wordlessly and in the following seconds Emery gulps it down thirstily.  

"Woah, no rush Honey Bee, we've got all night," chuckles Dane before taking the glass back off her.
Emery retorts with a nervous smile and wipes her sweaty palms on her jeans. She wonders what Dane has in store for her with excitement. No doubt it will completely exhaust her whilst filling her equally with happiness and joy.  
"So anything special you'd like to do tonight, babe?" he asks her with a casual grin.

Emery's own face falls into a confused frown. All this build up and just for him to ask her? Emery’s astounded and stumped by his carefree attitude.   
"You promised me a reward," whispers Emery still frowning cutely.  
"Spending a night with me isn't what you want?" he retorts with a raised eyebrow. 
He manages to wipe expression off his face to make it seem like he’s offended by her question but truth is, he just loves teasing her, and asking her to tell him what she wants of him is just too great an opportunity to miss.  

"Oh no, no! It is what I want, honest," reassures Emery having thought she'd offended her mate. 
"It's just...well, I thought we'd be, you know...like yesterday and..." she murmurs, cheeks blushing and peering at him from under her lashes.

"You thought your reward was going to be something sexual?" Dane questions, his face still blank and giving away no clue to the fun he’s having with her. Emery's blush just deepens and it's almost enough to confirm what Dane’s words.  
"I-I...was hoping," she whispers eyes drifting down in embarrassment to admitting her thoughts.  
"I see," clips Dane already conjuring up things he could have her do tonight.  

"Follow me," he then instructs leading them both into his bedroom.

The colour scheme of the room is of seductive deep reds-burgundy, mahogany and red wine, cover the furnishings, walls and floor. All the furniture is built of the finest mahogany wood to ensure they can withstand great force and weight. The floor too is laminate so that the night’s evidence can be easily wiped clean, however the bed is soft so that comfort is not denied. Emery sinks it all in before Dane then flickers the special switch to the side.

Suddenly silver bars lower down from the ceiling. A similar thick, shiny, silver pole rises from the floor right in front of the bed and one side of the wall flips around causing Emery to imagine herself in some kind of Scooby Doo episode. Hooks are hammered into the wall and from them hang various whips and toys. There’s also a bottom drawer that opens on the set of drawers next to the bed to revel its contents of ropes, chains, gags and cuffs.

Upon seeing all of this, Emery's eyes widen and Dane wants to laugh but refrains from doing so. Instead he lets her take in all the equipment she’s only read about in her books. He quietly closes the door and walks over to his wardrobe doors. Pushing the button to have the doors slide open he searches for his gift for Emery. In the meantime Emery snaps out of her shock and slowly walks towards the whips and toys when Dane catches her attention again.

"This, Honey Bee, is for you...well, for you to wear but more for my viewing pleasure," he admits handing her a large bag.
Taking it from him she nearly drops it in surprise at the weight of it. It’s heavier than she’d expected and that makes her all the more curious as to its contents.