Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"I missed you, Dane!" sighs Emery clutching her mate tight against her in a fierce hug. 

He hadn't been able to pick her up today since she'd had to come in early to do some research for a project. 

Dane laughs and wraps his arms around his girl.  
"I missed you too Honey Bee," he exhales into her light hazel hair. An innocent fragrance of fresh strawberries fills his senses causing a grin to appear.   
"And I see you've bought more tempting clothes," he comments pulling away to stare at her new outfit. Holy shit-she is smoking.
Dressed in a tight cream-turquoise aztec print mini-skirt with cream wedges, and a long sleeved turquoise top; simply designed to spike Dane’s hormones and imagining a very different scenario where they’re both alone in the room.

"Yeah. I went shopping with mom on Saturday. Do you like it?" she asks and gives a slow twirl. Dane's eyes zone in on her plump ass but before he can reach out a squeeze it, she turns back around.  
“You look beautiful Emery but…you know, you don’t have to wear clothes like…that to prove it. You have no-one to prove it too,” he states honestly and Emery feels her heart melt a little.
“I’m not. I-I like them. I don’t feel ugly in them-small. I actually feel…”
“Confident?” offers Dane.
“Yeah. I feel good Dane.”
Dane exhales deeply. God, know what can he say? He hates how people around them are giving her extra long glances and no doubt it will only increase throughout the day.
“What?” she asks in confusion at his long sigh.
Further confusing her, he just throws his arm around her shoulder and pulls her to his side, “nothing, baby. Absolutely nothing.”

******

"Can you come over tonight? I missed you..a lot," whispers Dane with a hand squeezing his favourite part of her pert body.  
"Uh-huh..Dane," squeals Emery raising his hand to come off her ass and back around her waist.  
"And guess what?"  
"What?" 
"I've got something extra special for you," he purrs awakening Emery's curiosity and causing her libido to pipe up at the many possibilities that could mean.  
"Dane…come on, you can't leave me hanging like this," she whines as they sit down for lunch.  
"Oh I think I can," he teases making Emery pout with faux annoyance.  
"Meanie," she mutters as a grin appears on Dane's face. 

He likes that slowly but surely Emery’s coming out of her shell and Dane’s shocked at the person he’s seeing. Underneath the shyness, he’s seeing a beautiful, funny and adorable person. He’s only now noticing that she’s smiling far more and although still blushes at his words and actions, it isn't as much now. Oh and the biggest difference is that she’s finally just about able to ignore the attention she keeps receiving.

As he’s about to retort to her comment a familiar face looms over them.  
"Kate?" asks Dane. 
Kate had been one of the few girls on the cheer squad he could stand and after...the incident, he grew to accept her as a dear friend.  
"Hey...um, do you guys mind if I have lunch with you today?" she asks nervously. 

Emery stares at her in shock. It's a miracle in itself the girl isn't glaring lasers at Emery but even more surprising is that she actually sounds sincere and even regards Emery in the question.
"Um..." murmurs Emery glancing at Dane. 
Dane narrows his eyes suspiciously and glances across at the normal table she sits at. 
There sits Charlotte as usual, completely unaware of Kate standing at his table.  

"Why aren't you with Charlotte?" he asks.  
"We had a fight. I've had enough-that was the last straw. You know she kicked me off the squad? The bitch," spits Kate in anger. 
It’s then both Emery and Dane’s pointed to the fact Kate really is in normal clothes rather than the cheer uniform.  
"No, I didn't know that…In that case please do sit," responds Dane. Kate breaks out in a smile and slides into the seat opposite Emery and Dane.