6

IronDad and Spider-son
10:32pm

IronDude: u better stop all this ironstrange stuff or I'll take ur suit away

Spiderson: too late, I already made merch!

Spiderson: [ironstrangemerch.png]

IronDude: WHAT THE HECK PETER

Spiderson: the t-shirt is my favorite

IronDude: why does the button say TSPS?

Spiderson: i sent some merch to Bruce so don't be surprised if he's wearing some

IronDude: Why don't u have ThorBruce merch?

Spiderson: becuz ThorBruce is cute but ironstrange is OTP

IronDude: ?

- - -

I put my phone away and sighed. This kid is gonna be the death of me.

"Hey, Stephen." He kept meditating but I knew he was listening to me. "Do you know what we're doing today?" Stephen paused before answering.

"I think Steve said something about an amusement park."

"Clint and Bucky will definitely enjoy that." I thought back to the time where Clint, Steve, Bruce, Nat and I had gone to Disney World. Clint had started freaking out, jumping up and down like a little kid, making us go on all the rides. I think he still has the Mickey Ears he bought from that trip.

"Yeah, I hope it's fun. Last time I went to one was with Wong and some of the other sorcerers and we went on five rides at the same time using our sling rings."

"Ha, probably not gonna be as epic as that, but we try." I smile at him as he continues to meditate, levitating over his bed, which was much neater than mine. What kind of person makes their own bed every morning?

I leave the room and head over to the room Bruce and Thor were sharing. I knock four times fast, pause, then two times fast. The door opens to a standing Bruce wearing khaki shorts and one of those souvenir Hawaiian shirts.

"What do you want?"

"Bored. Where's Thor?"

"Probably getting more snacks and stuff." I walked in to see their room. I saw the broken bed, the one Bruce insisted was broken when Thor tried jumping on it. Doesn't seem like it. Their room is pretty normal other than that, I mean our room is nea- HOLY SHIT IS THAT A TIGER SNAKE!

"Um.. Bruce."

"Yea?"

"That's a Tiger snake. THAT'S A FREAKING TIGER SNAKE."

"Oh, yeah, that's just Dustin." Dustin?

"THOSE ARE HIGHLY VENOMOUS SNAKES."

"Yeah, tell that to Thor, he found one in the swamp and now Dustin's like his pet." Bruce continued. "You would think he would hate snakes after his brother turned into one and stabbed him."

"THAT MONSTER CAN KILL YOU WITH ONE BITE."

"DUSTIN ISN'T A MONSTER!" Thor walks up to us, also wearing shorts and a button-up shirt. "Dustin is our friend." Yeah, until he bites you and you die in a few hours. 

"Avengers! We will be leaving in 20 minutes!" Steve's voice shouts from the intercoms. Why does a private hotel have intercoms? What is this a school?

- - -

Downstairs at the lobby the team had already gathered, ready to drive to the amusement park. Yes, that's another thing Steve didn't mention, drive. That means being stuck in a car with Thor and Clint, with Steve probably being the mom who makes everyone put away their phones.  On top of that, we weren't going in a limo, we were going in an ordinary Honda Odyssey, eight seater. 

"Are you sure you guys want to go in the minivan?" Stephen asked, probably also scared of being stuck in that car for 5 hours. "I mean, I could use my sling ring to make a portal to the park."

"No, this will be fun! It's a road trip, guys!" Steve exclaimed, making everyone, even Bucky, groan. 

We all enter the vehicle that will take the next 5 hours of our life away. Stephen and I make sure to sit in the back, cuz we're smart. Steve and Bucky sit in the front two seats, Steve insisting on driving, which was good because no one else wanted to. In front of us sat Thor and Bruce and in front of them was Clint and Nat. You could basically feel the excitement radiating off Clint.

Of course, most of that excitement wore off after the first hour of driving. 

"Are we there yet?" Clint asked for what seemed like the 67th time. Actually, it was the 67th time. I was counting. 

"4 MORE HOURS," Bucky responded, obviously as annoyed as I was. Clint groaned and sulked in his seat. Everyone else was occupied. Nat was listening to music while playing Super Smash Ultimate, which the team got her hooked on. Thor and Bruce were playing some kind of Norse mythology trivia game, yelling things I won't even try to pronounce. Like, what the hell is a Yggdrasil? Stephen was even doing something, he had his whole attention directed on his book. 

"How do you focus on that with everything around us?" I look up at him but get no answer. His eyes are still glued to his book as if he couldn't hear me. "Stephen." Still no reply. "STEPHEN!" I shake him this time, causing him to look my direction. He sighs and does some weird motion thing with his hands, which I can only assume is a spell. 

"What? Sorry I didn't hear you." I stare at him awestruck. A spell that can block out any noise? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED. 

"Please, please, PLEASE put that spell on me!" I try to look as desperate as possible. "I'm losing my mind with Clint complaining every 5 seconds!" He sighs and does the same motion with his hand again. The light hum from the car's engine disappears. I can see Stephen's mouth moving, but I can't hear anything he says. I smile at him, ready to enjoy a quiet car ride, without the chaos happening around us. 

- - -

A/N: Don't worry, Dustin the snake will be back. 

*header art by milkhorns on instagram*