8

Ring

Ring

It was an early morning for it to sound. I compulsively stood up behind the counter since Dahyun was still getting a nap at the craft section.

"Hey." And I thank Dahyun's bad habits at work.

"Hi." I haven't heard that soft voice like forever.

I let her go to that shelf again, where the Japanese flowers sits. She's loyal to her flower as expected.

Her hair is in a ponytail today. It's the first time I'll see her with it, like an unknown character have been unlocked. She looks more charming and - Oh, she's coming.

"Arrangement?" I asked as she hand me over the flowers.

"The oval thingy." She gave out a short laugh, not even hiding the fact that she don't know a thing or two.

"So, how's the new apartment?"

"Peaceful." She smiled. It was from a toxic one I assume.

"That's good to hear." I said looking down to do the wrapping, and our close ended conversation came again.

I wrap her flowers in silence.

This ribbon shall be called silence.

I was so used at Nayeon being talkative and all. I was a listener and this conversation between us makes me sad.

I breathe out heavily and put a smile on my face when I look up to her, "Here you go."

"Thanks." She said, leaving me at my feet defeated.

"Ahhhh. You should've ask her for some coffee or a dinner."

I held my chest from my shock. How long have she been standing there?

"I could die, you know?"

"Well, I didn't surprise you. You were daydreaming from her looks." She scowls at me looking at the door where I'm staring, "Maybe, try again?"

Yeah, try again.

☀️

The next day, she didn't came. Ofcourse, not everyone needs flowers everyday. So I texted her, moving a foot forward.

Chaeyoung
Good morning :)

Mina
You must be in a good mood.

Chaeyoung
Then morning it is.

Mina
Yap. Morning!

Chaeyoung
So you might not be in the good morning side today?

Mina
Yeah, I'm so cramp up

Chaeyoung
I'll let you be then.

"Try again." An eerie breath came over my ear.

I tilted my head slightly, Dahyun is in a squat down position. I held my phone over my chest securing it.

"Can you stop doing that?!"

☀️

Ring

Next day, I told myself yesterday that It could be a lucky day tomorrow.

"Hey!" She came in again and I saw how Dahyun mouthed to me without a single sound the try again words.

Mina waves at me and gave me a smile. She picks two different flowers for today before moving forward to me.

Another character has been unlocked. Half of her hair was tied up while half of it drape by her shoulder. She already have her make up on so she must be going on a scheduled photoshoot after.

"I'm giving it to a friend to congratulate her, what kind of arrangement would that be?" Mina asked in one go, it was obvious that she's in a hurry.

"Triangle arrangement then. I'll put it in a basket." I hurriedly got it sorted and in no time hand it to her.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung." Mina scurries after.

I didn't want to be defeated today. Try again.

"Mina!"

She looks back right at me, and everything went to a shitty slow motion.

What in the world is this?

Her soft hair travels to the side as she looks behind. Her lips was slightly parted while she stares right at me, waiting.

 Her lips was slightly parted while she stares right at me, waiting

"You... you want to have some coffee, first?" Finally, the sound came out on my mouth.

"Sorry, I'm in a hurry." She wrinkles her forehead and gave me the most apologetical look.

"How about dinner?"

She smiles on my request, "Sure. Text me."

She was gone then after. I secretly celebrated my pre-dinner with her by fist bumping the air.

"Amen!" Dahyun screams and I was actually screaming with her too. Our try again mission was successful.