Part 21

All Rights Reserved

Picture of Matt to the side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

********************

What's more stressful? Trying to walk down the stairs with socks, or trying to walk down the stairs still half asleep? How about walking down the stairs with socks while you're half asleep, ANNND you're drunk. That's what it felt like to try and walk to the living room. I sway a bit too far to the left, and Caleb has to hold a hand out to keep me upright. It was freaking terrible.

And it was all because I had been drugged by some friggen werewolf.

"Careful, last step," Caleb warns as I step down to the wood floor at the base of the stairs. I roll my eyes at him.

Truth was, I was glad he was helping me. It was like walking on ice with a hangover. My head pounded, and I couldn't keep the walls from moving this way and that. Caleb ended up just carrying me over his shoulder to the couch, and I didn't have the energy to complain.

"Where's Matt?" Daniel asks as Caleb sets me down. I take the remote from Daniel.

"Dunno," I say flatly. I flip through the channels from the Disney movie Daniel had been watching.

"Thank god," he says. "I thought my fucking head was going to fall off if I had to hear one more line about how the bitch wants to be a human." I laugh. Daniel's Disney movie tolerance--0.

"Who would wanna be a fucking human anyways?" he asks. "Be a werewolf! We're much better!" I laugh again, this time not being able to see because of the tears in my eyes. Not like it would really matter. The walls were swaying so much that I couldn't see straight anyways. There were currently two Caleb's sitting down on the couch next to me. I lean back against his shoulders with my feet on the other end of the couch.

When I hear the theme song for NCIS come on, I stop. My favorite crime show. Even if I couldn't see, I would listen to Gibbs all day long. In Wildern Heights, the show came on every Wednesday.

"What are you guys watching?" Nate asks as he jumps into one of the plush chairs on the left. I just see him as a blur.

"The best crime show in the world," I answer. Caleb laughs, his body shaking behind me. I wince as my head starts spinning again. "My god! Why the hell do I feel like I've been hit by a truck full of bricks?"

"I thought that was usual," Hunter says as he comes in from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn. I look in his direction with my bottom lip jutted out, and he sighs and walks over to sit next to the couch on the floor. He holds the popcorn bowl up so I can take a handful and stuff it into my mouth. He buttered it. Good. I like popcorn with a lot of butter.

"You look like a chipmunk," Nate chuckles from across the room. I shrug my shoulders.

"Sucks to suck," I mumble. I listen as Tim interrogates a suspect while Tony and Ziva laugh behind the two way glass.

"Soooo...know where Matt is?" Hunter asks. I throw my hands up in the air.

"Why does everyone expect me to know where the fuck Matt is?" I snap.

"Whoa, calm down," Hunter says. "I just thought since you two were--"

"We're not mates yet," I snap again. My face is hot with anger--my vision suddenly clarifying as my wolf senses kick in. Everyone falls silent except for Caleb.

"Which would explain the werewolf PMS..." he mumbles. No one laughs. It wasn't a joke, it was a fact.

When two werewolves found out they were mates, but they didn't complete the mating process, they slowly started to get what we call "werewolf PMS". It was like any PMS with the exception that it could happen to any werewolf. You got moody, irritable, crying and laughing at the same time. You would have bursts of anger for no reason, or even start crying all of a sudden. It was hell.