Part 12

All Rights Reserved

So I won't be changing POV's that much...I'm trying not to at least. But understand that it must be done sometimes.

****************

Abbigail's POV:

I sat there motionless in my bed trying to decide what I should do. I had woken up in my own room, and I can hear voices in the hallway. Maybe I should get up and find someone? A quick shot of pain told me that would be impossible. My head hurts like hell, and my shoulder is throbbing. My stomach feels like it's on fire, burning with every intake of breath or slight movement. And even through all the pain, I still feel like I'm freezing to death.

My teeth chatter as I look around the room. My window is shut. Snow settles on the window pane and fogs up the glass so that I can't really see outside. I have several covers over me--none of which are helping with my body temperature. Where is everyone?

I hear the door open and I look over to see Matt walk in with Chase and Jake. Alpha, beta, and omega.

"You're awake," Chase smiles as he sits next to me on the bed, the mattress shifting to support his weight. I cringe and whimper, squeezing my eyes closed from the pain that spreads through my body at the sudden movement.

He gasps and gets up. "I'm sorry Abbs, I didn't mean to--" I cut him off.

"No it's fine. I'm okay," I lie, but it sounds a little more strained than I would have hoped.

"No, you're not fine," Jake growls. "The Dark Mountain pack attacked you, and now you're laying here in pain."

"I'm just a little cold that's all," I protest. It feels like I'm in a freezer. I can feel Jake slide carefully into the bed next to me. A low growl erupts from Matt's chest, but I cannot see him. I'm too busy snuggling up to Jake as his body heat warms me.

"God you're cold, Abbs," He says. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my shoulders. It feels good.

"That's enough, Jake," Matt growls. Jake turns to give him a questioning look, but slowly lets go of me anyways. I shiver as the heat leaves my body. But he was helping...

The door squeaks open to reveal a younger girl who I know is part of the tribe. She takes one long-lasting look at me.

"This is Rose," Chase says. "She's a medic in training."

I watch as Rose smiles and comes over to the bed with a bag in her hands. She keeps starring at me like she's trying to remember something. The guys leave, shutting the door behind them, and then it's just me and Rose.

"Here," she says as she lifts up my shirt. There's a large bandage around my stomach. She reveals a similar one at my shoulder. "I have to take these off...I'm really sorry."

Sorry? Why would she be sorry? She starts taking the bandages off, and I wince. The pain is much what I imagine being pulled inside out, every muscle feeling on fire. I whimper, but grind my teeth to keep from screaming. When she finally gets the bandages off, she takes a bottle of alcohol and begins to slowly touch it to the large wounds. Now it burns even more with a more sizzling feeling afterwards.

The claw marks run down my stomach, and there's a large crescent shaped set of teeth around my right shoulder. As Rose begins to do something else--the likes of which I decide not to watch since it hurts like hell--the bedroom door opens and Matt walks in with Chase at his heels.

"Stay back," Rose warns as she does something else. I don't know what she did, but I could feel it. I clench my hands into fists as I grasp the sheets on the bed. The pain radiates through my body as if it's traveling through my veins.