Part 10

All Rights Reserved

So I feel like I'm improving in my writing...tell me if you agree or not...Thanks for reading:)

******************

Chase's POV:

I run as fast as I can to follow the Dark Mountain pack's scent. I skirt through trees, my paws hitting the ground like an earth quake. I don't bother with being quiet. My sister is in danger...

The scent is beginning to die down. It slowly comes to a dead stop.

******************

Abbigail's POV:

I lunge forward, ripping my clothes in the process as I feel my spine contort and my bones snap. This usually has a quite painful effect, but it doesn't bother me now. I land on my feet in front of the brown wolf--seconds ago, the man who was leading the three-person group in front of me. I snap my jaws back at him as he growls at me. We slowly begin to circle each other. He takes the first strike. I jump up and bite down on his neck as he misses. He whimpers. I had a good hold.

I hear clothes shredding next to me and look up to see the other two guys shifting into their wolves. One is a blonde-greyish color, and the other a red-brown. I snarl with my teeth still in the brown wolf's neck. I clamp down as hard as I can. I hear a whimper, and then I'm being thrown off. I stare back up at the russet colored wolf as he snaps at me. I let out a fierce growl cold enough to freeze water.

The wolf backs up and lays down submissively. Yeah, that's right. Who's your alpha?

The blonde wolf charges at me, but I attack it first, biting into its front leg and hearing a snap. The wolf cries out in pain. I look up a little too late as the brown wolf tackles me to the ground--the fur on his neck wet and red. He bites down on my shoulder, and I let out a gasp. The pain shoots through my shoulder blades. I toss him off and leap for his neck again. This time I hear a victorious snap.

The russet colored wolf gets off the ground and starts running away. The blonde wolf stays for the rest of the fight. I smirk and let him come to me. He lunges for my tail and nips it by an inch. I jump around to face him and bite my jaws down into his back leg. He lets out a whimper as I tackle him to the ground.

I quickly regret the decision as he digs his paws into my stomach. I whine in pain and let go of his leg. He goes for my neck, but I quickly roll over and bite at him as he gets up. If a werewolf could laugh, I could have sworn that's exactly what he did. That's when he lunged at me, but I snap his neck without any difficulty. His broken body lays in a heap of fur on the ground.

I pant to catch my breath. My stomach hurts like hell, and my shoulder is no better. There are two bodies. Oh, wait. Make that three.

Matt stares from the side of the clearing. He slowly stumbles to his feet and carefully walks over to where I am. I lay down on the cold snow, now stained red, to meet his height. He carefully holds a hand out, and I let him place it on my muzzle.

Nothing could have described how shocked he looked when I let him do it. I am shocked enough as it is.

"Abby?" he asks in a whisper. I push my head into his stomach. He backs up, letting me get up as I go to the trees. Which one, which one? Here it is. There are plenty of trees in the forest around our territory that we stash clothes in regularly. It's a werewolf necessity. I grab the sweatpants and white v-neck shirt as I come back into view of the clearing. I shift back as Matt glances away. The frost of winter bites as my naked skin. I throw the sweat pants on, and turn around to make sure Matt doesn't see my chest as I pull the shirt over my head.

He gasps. I let the hem of the shirt fall to my thighs. It's rather large. I think it might be my brother's.

"What?" I ask as I turn back around.

"Your back," he says. "Your markings..."

I press my lips into a line and lean against a tree with my arms crossed as I let it sink in. He couldn't really be this dumb could he? It takes a moment, but he suddenly snarls. I keep my emotions blank and uninterested.

"Abbigail?" he asks. I roll my eyes and start walking back to the path away from the clearing. I can hear him following me.

I have no shoes. Which is a bit frustrating as I try to keep my distance from Matt. I reach the dirt path and continue on.

"You're supposed to be dead..." he rambles on and on about how I abandoned everyone, how I gave up, and how I was a traitor. I had listened to it all in my head knowing that it would happen some day, but for some reason it was so much more painful to hear it coming from him.

"And?" I snap as I turn around. He jumps back, looking a bit frightened. "What do you want anyways? Yeah, I left. I cut the ties to the one thing I loved. I lost everything I ever had. I went rouge, which is something that very well may have killed me, but I didn't care!"

I think I am crying now. My anger was rolling off of me like waves, and Matt stumbles back--falling to the ground.

"I lost my mentor! I lost my mother," I grit my teeth. I know my eyes are probably glowing now. "I lost my pack! And to who? To YOU!"

I turn back around and walk away. The memories of the day I left crash through my mind, letting the tears come through like a waterfall. I see the house and throw the door open. I hear Matt catch it behind me. I'm fuming at this point. Everyone in the room turns to look at me--their shocked expressions only makes it harder.

"You all know who I am right?" I yell. They all look confused except for Caleb, Nate, and Jake. Chase was not here.

"Abby?" Daniel asks in a comforting tone. "Are you alrigh--" I shake my head, cutting him off.

"It's Abbigail," I say.

And with that I turn and march up the stairs to my room. The blood knotted in my hair probably made me look like a mad woman. As soon as I shut the doors to the guest bedroom behind me, I feel the light-headiness set in. The adrenaline that was helping me push through is gone, and I lift up my shirt to see the claw marks ripped through my stomach. Pain shoots through my shoulder.

I hit the floor--hard. The world is spinning. I whimper in protest as I try to get up, but only fall again. Blood now covers the fluffy rug around the bed. The door to the room opens. I hear voices, but I cannot understand anything. Shadows come walking into my room. I feel something lift me up. Everything goes black.

*******************

Hey, hope you guys like this chapter!!! Let me know what you think.

~Thanks:)