Marvel and The Singing Stylists (Masters of Glittery Pink)

A/N I made an updating schedule for AAO (my other fanfiction) so I'm going to make one for this fanfic too. A new chapter should be posted every Sunday (or sometimes every OTHER sunday if I'm super busy). This chapter isn't too long, just some more character development and stuff. Enjoy! :) 

Marvel POV

The rest of the train ride is rather uneventful. Halfway through, I decide to watch the reapings.

I turn on the screen, grimacing slightly at the brightness. It starts with District 1. My district. I half laugh half cringe at myself tripping on screen. Good Job, Marvel I tell myself, trying not to chuckle. 

I look confident enough though, so no doubt some idiotic capitol citizens will think that I tripped on purpose.

I wince as I watch Glimmer strut and prance up to the screen. She won't make it past the first day of the games without help. The alliance between us careers is definitely her only hope. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll be impaled with someone's knife before I have to listen to her whining.

        As you might be able to tell, certain people (not naming any names *cough* Glimmer *cough*) have reputations in my district. And those reputations are generally not good. And then, the screen changes to District 2's reapings. I become alert immediately, praying and hoping for decent allies that can at least fight. 

The male tribute from 2 is.... a brute to say the least. I grimace. Maybe I over-wished just a bit.... I want a tribute who i can take out in a one on one fight, and right now, this situation is not looking good. I catch his name; Cato.

Then, it's time for female tributes. The D2 female tribute looks vicious. She's definitely better trained than Glimmer, and seems like a knife person. She's too short and slight to weild a spear or a sword, and District 2 never produces any decent archers. Maybe the mace? Of course not, if she can't hold a spear she probably won't be able to handle a mace. Although, I wouldn't put anything past district 2. They're an untrustworthy lot.

The rest of the reapings are uninteresting to me to say the least, because I'm good enough to take out almost anyone. 

Except the tribute from 2- No, shut up stupid brain. Marvel, You can beat him, he's probably too dumb to tell the difference between the head of the spear from the tail, I reassure myself, ignoring the nagging suspicion that this Cato person would provide more trouble than I expected. 

On the screen, I see a monstrous tribute from 11. Well, monstrous isn't the right word. He seems big, but nice, dare i say? Nah, no one should be described as 'nice' when it comes to the Hunger Games. He's probably going to turn out evil just like the tribute a few years ago who everyone trusted. 

There are tons of positive things about the games, now that I think of it. Firstly, well, I won't have to withstand my mother telling me what is 'proper', 'unproper', 'rude', 'un-vespilius-like', and 'down-right irritating'. Secondly, I get to enjoy the fame, even if the food probably isn't as nice as the servants back home make. I suppose I'll also have to learn to wake myself up and pick up anything that I drop, because I'm prettyyyy sure that the capitol won't have as many servants as my family does. 

"Marvel, we're about to arrive at the Capitol," Gloss says, popping his head in. "Get ready, and keep it all appropriately presentable. Please don't trip..." 

"Yup. No problem. I got it. Everything'll be great." 

"It's 'Everything will', not 'Everything'll'," Gloss corrects immediately. 

"Shut up and piss off, you're not my mom!" I snap. Oh crap shouldn't have said that...

Gloss glares. "Watch your mouth Marvel. You're not off to a great start here." And with that, he leaves. 

Great.... Oh well, I can win the games without him. Nothing will stand in the way of me and victory. 

--------TIME SKIP :D (Not skipping much just until they arrive and stuff)------

After arriving at the capitol, we head straight to our stylists. Many other districts undergo a 'remake', in the 'reamke centre', but being from the flashiest, richest district does have its perks. Skipping the capitol torture, as I call it, is one of them. Even district 2 has to get re-done. Just the thought of a few hours in the remake centre gives my spine the chills. 

"Hello hello! Welllllllllllcomeeeee to the CAPITOL! I will be making you wonddddddderrrrrrrrrful!" A singsong voice trills. Oh no. A capitol girl. Please please please let her be Glimmer's stylist...... 

"I will be styling for Glimmer!" She sings. Oh, thank god..........

"Marrrrrrrrrr-veellllllll ! How Marrrrrrrrrrvelousss to see you! Welcommmmmme to the Capitollllllllll!!!!" Another male voice trills. Oh great. They must be siblings, I decide as they turn on the lights and I see the resemblence. Even though their hair is died, they have contacts, they got nose jobs, and one of them has tatoos while the other has piercings, you can stilli tell that they are related.

"Excellente, now zet us givee you a makeoverrr!" the male cheers, suddenly taking on an odd accent. 

"No no no, I just realised... um..... I forgot to feed my cat, I'll just be going now, don't want that cat to starve... uh... yeah... byeeeeeeee......." I begin backing away while rambling desperately. 

"Oh no no no, don't be scared!" They both rush forward as I try to run, and drag me back into the center. "So surpised that you Don't want to be here.......... ignore that cat, it'll be absolutely fine!" 

And with that, I enter the hell hole called, 'the styling office'. 

They dress me in magenta PINK. And I thought that my mother's whole 'pastel blue' scheme was bad. And the glitter. They have covered half my face in glitter. Oh, and don't forget, of course, the gigantic magenta headpiece. The costume certiainly would not be complete without it dragging my head down and nearly breaking my neck! 

The costume is horrid. That's the only word I can describe it with. Just kidding. I have a list already, which was created while I was undergoing my torturous transformation: 

-ugly (obviously)

-Disgusting

-Girly

-Horrid (yes, I know I already said that....)

-Awful

-Capitalistic

-Crazy

-Ew....

And I have lots more words, but right now I'm about to go out on a chariot in front of the entire Panem looking like a sparkling pink cross between a duck and a panda. I should probably be just ever so slightly worried. Just slightly. 

A/N Whoo new chapter! I love Marvel as a character so much, it's really a ton of fun to write as him :D 

QOTC: Favourite Hunger Games tribute? (Guys if you say Peeta I swear................)

AOTC: Either Marvel Cato or Clove don't make me choose D: