D1

A/N Woahhh look who's updating... I know i know I apologize for being gone forever, and not updating :( You can read the Author's note at the beginning of my new AAO chapter I just posted for the full reasons why. But the important thing is, I'm back, and finally writing! The rest of the fanfiction will actually probably be in Marvel's point of view because I feel like Marvel is actually a really layered character, and I think it'll be really fun to give him a real story, and show his personality more. :) ENJOY! 

Marvel POV (just in case you didn't read the above A/N)

"GET UP MARVEL! GET UP!" 

I groan. "Shut up Cassie.." I mumble, rolling over and burrowing further into my bed covers.

"Marvy if you don't get up I'll-"

"Shut up Cass, and don't call me 'marvy'....." I grumble, feeling a bit more irritated that I'm starting to wake up. 

"But Marvel it's reaping day, and we don't want to be late!" 

"Fine fine fine, I'm up... I'm up... I'm up...." I mumble as I sit up and rub my eyes sleepily. 

"Finally! I would hurry, or else mom is going to be mad!" My sister calls as she leaves the room. My sister has always been the punctual, careful one. 

I blink a bit, rub my eyes again, and..... "I'm too tired. I'll just sleep a tiny bit more..." And with that, I fall back onto my bed and yank the covers back over my body. Suddenly, I hear my mom's voice saying, "Ok, go get your brother and see if he's almost ready, we'll be leaving for the reaping in 15 minutes. And don't yell this time, it's not proper."

And immediately I scramble up, stagger drowsily to my restroom, and turn on the shower. I hear the door to my bedroom open. Just in time...  

"Mother he's in the shower," I hear Cassie's voice call out. I hear the door click shut as she leaves. That was a close one... 

After finishing my cold morning shower, I clean myself up, and put on my suit which I laid out the night before, under the strict orders from my sister. I grimace as I see the horrible pastel blue colour. My mom claims it's "royal" blue, but it's definitely more pastel blue. A horrid, horrid pastel blue. And it's not even a dark shade of pastel blue, or a rich hue. No, it's a pale pastel blue. The kind that girls in my district like to use for their skirts. I put on my pants, straighten up, tie my white tie (A/N That came out really odd, but what else can you say for tie besides tie?), and walk out of my room. 

"So, Cass, do I look hot?" I smirk. 

"No, you look like a cloud, and that suit looks horrid on you, just so you know," She smiles innocently. 

I scoff. "It's ok, I know you're jealous!" 

"Marvel, Cassieopia, if you don't hurry up we're all going to be late," my mother calls, sounding irritated. 

"Coming!" We both call at once. 

"Remember, we should never be late," My mother scolds us gently but firmly. 

"Yes mother," Cassie and I both respond, lowering our heads and maintaining a dutifully respectful tone of voice, something that has been perfected after years of practice. For the rest of the way to the reaping, mother doesn't talk to either of us. As usual. To be honest, I almost never see my mom. She's always 'too busy' for us, too 'proper' to cook for us, too 'embarrassed' to take us out. Not that I mind, I've grown used to it. Cass, well, she's learned to act like she doesn't mind. We have plenty of servants to do anything (i mean, everything) for us anyways. so I don't think we're "missing out" on anything. Finally, we're at the reaping. We're almost late. I grimace. Mother will be in a foul mood tonight then....

I notice that the reapings are about to begin, and the district 1 escort, Verlatius, has already completed his long and beautiful speech (note the sarcasm there...). We stand there, waiting for him to pick names. 

"Now, it's time for our tributes!" He trills, looking absolutely delighted. "Male tributes first, leading the way!" 

I roll my eyes. Most other districts have ladies first. Well, it doesn't matter who it is, there aren't any district volunteers this year, due to 'lack of skill' in the academy. Some years the academy doesn't find anyone good enough to volunteer, so whoever is picked normally goes. Unless it's some idiot 12 year old who can barely tell one end of a spear from the other. In that case, someone smarter normally volunteers to spare the district honour. 

Verlatius swirls his obnoxiously long fingers around, and then plunges them gracefully and carefully into the bowl. He pulls out a folded piece of paper. 

Everyone is holding their breath. 

And then..... "Marvel Vespilius." Hm another random poor guy- WAIT what? Is that.... me?? No, it can't be....?

"Marvel..." i turn around to find Cassie gripping my hand. Ok, it's definitely me I guess. 

I pull my hand out of her grasp, and begin to head up towards the stage. 

I'm literally almost there when suddenly.... I trip. Thank goodness, I catch my balance at the last moment. I decide that playing it cool is the best way out, so I flash a cocky grin at the crowd, who I can tell is holding in their laughter. 

"Excellent, excellent! Do you have anything to say to the crowd?" Veratius asks in a ridiculous capitol accent. He moves to the side, and gestues for me to take his place in front of the microphone. So I do. 

"Uh hey. As long as I don't trip, I'll win. I promise." I can't really think of anything else to say. Then, I see Cass. She looks carefully emotionless, for fear of Mother telling her it's "unproper" to show too many emotions in public. Unlike me, she hasn't yet perfected the art of truly not caring. 

"Well well, excellent speech there Marvel. Our male tribute for district 1! Marvel! Now, for the females......"

He reaches in once again. I don't hear the name called out, because more than half of me is lost in the empty void of not caring, but the next thing I know, Glimmer is walking towards the stage. Blonde, slightly slutty, very sly Glimmer. She doesn't stand a chance. Even I can beat her up, hand to hand. 

"Please, the both of you should shake hands!" 

I grip her hand. After that, we're all rushed to the District 1 train, and given some visiting time.

The first one in is, as predicted, my sister. She looks up at our mother, and suddenly, gives me a big hug. 

"You know you'll miss me, right Cass? Who's gonna dress like a cloud for you while I'm at the games?"

"That's enough. You embarrased us enough by tripping. What did I teach you?"

Nothing....? Instead, I say, sorry mother, I'll be much more careful next time." 

"Good. Do come back, it'll be tradgedy enough to have to have another son. You were definitely hard enough to raise already." My mom says. 

I roll my eyes.

"Marvel, don't roll your eyes. It's rude!" My mother scolds again. I nod, not really listening. 

"Time up, time up!" THe peacekeeper bursts in to call out. They all leave. 

And I'm alone once more, left to plan out how I'm going to get home. Oh, president Snow better be prepared.

Because this year, I, Marvel Vespilius, will make these games unforgettable.

Oh yes, dear capitol, here I come.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally done, it's really late here so I don't know why I'm still writing this chapter, I should have made it shorter probably D: Should be updating AAO soon, depends on how much I feel like writing tomorrow XD I just made up Marvel's last name since it didn't say. Marvel Vespilius. Is it ok as a name? (Vespilius is roman)