Haymitch Throws Up!

A/N: Hi everyone, starting a new fanfiction! My other fanfiction in progress is called Against All Odds, and it's a Catoniss fanfic :) Go check it out if you want to! 

Anyways, before I embarrass myself too much, this is my new fanfiction, titled 'Love Like A Spear'. This  will be a Karvel (Katniss/Marvel) fanfiction. Bewarned! If you don't like this ship... don't read this fanfic. I think Marvel deserves some love :)

Disclaimer (This goes for all future chapters): I do not own Hunger games, and I probably never will. Maybe someday? JK but the opinions in this story are purely mine/fictional.

LAST NOTE: NOT EVERYTHING WILL BE EXACTLY LIKE THE BOOK! Of course, many parts will be kept very similar, but some parts will be different for the sake of the Karvel ship :)

Everything is in Marvel's POV unless otherwise stated (the first chapter will be Katniss POV to set up the stage, but most of the rest will be Marvel, as said before).

"PRIMROSE EVERDEEN!" That annoying woman, Effie Trinket,'s voice calls out. Prim, my little duck, looking beautiful but terrified, begins to shakily ascend. And then the strong sisterly affection I have kicks in. 

~Flashback~

"PRIM!" I scream. "No, PRIM!!!!" I rush forward. A few peacekeepers rush forward to restrain me. I finally realise there is only one thing I can really do. 

"I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" I call out as loud as I can. Everything freezes. Everywhere goes silent. Everyone stares at me. 

"Well well, a volunteer! Come on up now, what's your name?"

"Katniss Everdeen."

"Well, I bet my buttons that was your sister!" 

"Yes.."

~End of Flashback~

I sigh. And that's how I'm sitting here right now, with a drunk Haymitch Abernathy and a blonde Peeta Mellark, on the train. On our way to the capitol. To the Hunger Games. I know that Gale with take care of Prim and my mother. But as an older sister, I worry. I really worry. Peeta is now trying to get some information out of Haymitch. I feel like laughing. Haymitch is too drunk to walk straight, nevermind giving life saving advice. 

"Well, you should come to terms with your impending death...., and realise there is nothing I can do to save you," Haymitch slurs, then laughs drunkenly. 

"Peeta, we're not going to get anything out of him!" I snap. 

"He's our mentor, Katniss. He's supposed to help us stay alive!" 

"No. The onlyyyyy personnnn who can helppp you stayyyy aliveee isss yoourrrselfff...." Haymitch slurs. Then, he slumps over and vomits all over Peeta. 

See? I knew it. That is exactly why I didn't sit across from him. I jump up just in time to avoid a few more flying chunks of vomit and Haymitch throws up again. I grimace. 

"I'll go get Effie. You might want to get yourself cleaned up," I say, eyeing Peeta's white shirt, which is now looking more yellow, since it's covered in throw up. 

"Yeah..." Peeta looks like he's about to be sick. And I can't blame him. He's from the town, so he hasn't seen what I've seen, growing up in the seam. I see people vomit often in the seam, because we're so poor, we have no choice but to eat anything we can find. Most of the time, it's not supposed to be eaten, and since my Mom is the town healer, we often get people with stomach aches in the middle of the night, who end up vomitting their stomach up by morning.