9 - 'Why?'

My feet couldn’t stop moving when we were driving back home, the terrible picture of Leroy and that Jessica girl was still printed in my head. How could he? I thought we had love for all those months, but I was wrong. He was wrong. I was just too stupid to see it. What he did to me was nothing do to with love. He was a disturbed person, someone who needed psychiatric help. But still, it was hard for me to leave him and to end this chapter in my life. But I’m starting on a new one, a better one. I looked to Zayn in the corner of my eye, and I just knew this was going to start good. This was going to be a great chapter.

Suddenly, Zayn caught me staring and I blushed shyly as I looked away quickly. I felt myself smiling as he chuckled softly.

“Rebecca, we’re home.” He announced and stopped the car, the engine was still rattling.

I stared to the boys home. My home. “Thanks, aren’t you coming inside too?”

He shook his head, “Nope, management wants to talk to me. They said it was urgent. So I guess you’ve to tell the boys all by yourself.”

“Ah,  I can live that.” I shrugged, I took my bag and swung it around my shoulders. As I laid my hand down on the handle ready to push I heard Zayn clearing his voice.

 “Are you sure you’re alright, Bec?”

I glanced to him and flashed a smile, “I’m okay Zayn, really.”

“Okay then,” He nodded, “Go tell them. I bet they’ll be very excited to hear it.”

It was just like some scenario where I had to give him a little peck on the lips and to say ‘bye babe’ and leave the car. But it wasn’t so I stepped out and went to the door, fumbling with the keys that Zayn had given me. Finally I found the right key and unlocked the door.

I embraced the scent of the boys’ home and was happy that this was going to be my home also. I placed my bag on the ground and made my way to the living room where all the guys were sitting. Luckily.

“Hey guys!” I greeted, my voice sounding like nothing happened at all just 15 minutes ago.

They looked up of the television and smiled. I mentally frowned because they didn’t ask where I was for an hour. I shrugged it off and started to shuffle uncomfortably on my feet.

“I.. Need to tell you guys something.” I started slowly and saw that I was getting attention as soon those words left my mouth. When they didn’t say anything, I got that as a cue to move on. “I’m going to.. live with you guys again.” I bit my lip and waited anxiously for their answer. It was silent for a second but soon enough I was covered with arms and heard cheering yells, making me smile.

“That’s awesome!”

“Welcome home again!”

“Now you can do the laundry!”

“We missed you!”

As they released me, I noticed that Harry wasn’t giving me a hug. He was still sitting on the couch, staring at me.