Chapter 17: Kept Promises

The door to the bunker rarely opened. If it did, that meant that someone was returning from a hunt or a beer run, simply because no one besides the Winchesters that lived there had a key to the place. 

So when the bunker door opened, and Sam, Dean, and Jack were all home, the boys went on high alert and rushed to the bunker's main room to see who was entering.

But instead of some monster greeting them, it was an old friend in a trench coat. 

They froze as the angel walked down the steps and stopped before them.

"Cas?" Dean whispered, as they stared at him. Castiel grinned.

"Told you I'd be back." He offered. Dean let out a cry and launched at the angel, wrapping him in a hug. 

"Cas!" Jack exclaimed happily, pulling the angel in for a hug of his own after Dean reluctantly released him. Cas hugged them back tightly, relief surging through him.

He'd fought through the Empty, through Purgatory, and through Hell for this. And it was worth it. Worth it to be back here and to see his family again and know that they were okay. 

They did look okay. No one appeared to be dying, so Cas assumed Sam must have done a good job in his absence. 

Sam went to give him a handshake, seeing as Sam and Cas hardly ever hugged, but Cas shoved his hand away and hugged the moose. It was awkward as always, but they didn't really care.

"How long have I been gone?" Cas asked.

"Few weeks," Dean admitted, unable to take his eyes off the angel. "Not that long." Cas sighed.

"IT felt like longer." He offered.

"How'd you get out anyways? The Shadow- it said it wouldn't let you out and-"

"It wasn't easy," Castiel explained. "And I needed some help, so I may have recruited a few of my fellow prisoners in the Empty, and they came back with me."

"Like who?" Sam questioned. Cas glanced up at the bunker door, sending Gabriel a quiet cue through angel radio.

And then Gabriel, Balthazar, Anna, and Lucifer walked in.

The reaction was a little varied.

Sam let out a cry, a mix of rage and utter pain at the sight of Gabriel and Lucifer. One angel who has caused him so much physical pain in the cage, and the other, who had broken his heart more times he could count.

Jack tilted his head, confused. He didn't know Anna or Balthazar, and he was confused to see Gabriel again. But at the sight of Lucifer, he froze.

Dean winced at the sight of Anna, and then paused at the others before drawing his gun.

"Not these little shits again," He swore. 

"Oh, well we missed you too, Dean," Gabriel rolled his eyes as they made their way down the stairs and stopped before the Winchesters. He hesitated at Sam. "....Hi Sam,"

Sam's face was unreadable as he stared at Gabriel.

"Hey Jack," Lucifer said sheepishly, grinning at his son. "Miss me?"

"Hell no," Jack said bluntly. Lucifer's face changed.

"You don't seem scared this time. That's a good sign." Jack stifled a laugh and stepped up, looking Satan dead in the eye.

"I've killed an archangel before." He declared. "I'd be happy to do it again."

"So, Samsquatch," Gabriel started. "I know I messed up, but-" His words were cut off as Sam stepped forward and punched Gabriel in the face, sending the Tricksters spinning and dropping him to the floor. Castiel, Balthazar, and Lucifer fought back laughs as Gabriel glared up at them.

"OW!" He proclaimed, clutching his face. He nodded sheepishly. "I deserved that one."

"Hell yeah you did," Sam snapped. 

"Hi Dean," Anna offered, waving at the hunter. Dean stared blankly, not sure what to do.

"Dean, say something," Jack whispered.

"Dude, both of my angel lovers are in the same room, what the fuck am I supposed to say?" Dean hissed back.