||. CHAPTER 10: GOVERNANCE .||

The sound of the coffee machine whirring nearby had been the best companion to most of the citizens on Mars. Clicking sound of boots echoed through the cafeteria as the swishing sound of chefs cooking up special orders filled the area. At the corner of the cafeteria, the Talion was sipping onto the hot coffee, its canines protruding from the cup like a prize possession. Chen was playing cards with one of the new visitors from Planet 3.1 as he chuckled happily, the wrinkles on his face almost visible. Ranveer was busy explaining some of the weapons he had drawn in the G-Tab to some of the younger children. Ever since the Perverse, every inhabitant on Mars had known what was the true skin colour of the government who once ruled them. Arthur sauntered passed the cafeteria as he headed over to the coffee machine, punching in some of his preferences while looking onto his G-Tab. He yawned before grabbing onto the large cup of coffee, drowning it in his systems as his grey eyes studied the peaceful surroundings before climbing into the cubical, heading towards his department.

Stefan lifted up his spectacles as he studied some of the new engines the researchers had suggested. He was unsatisfied with the first two prototypes from his student before he swiped the figure away from his screen, telling his student to modify the corners of it. They nodded in agreement before hurrying back to their seats to re-correct their drawn prototype. Turning his gaze back towards his G-Tab, Stefan clicked onto one of the best prototypes, showing it as an example to his students. When he had returned from Planet 14 the last time, he realised that there were more than what meets the eyes. It never occurred in his mind that President Mc. Conner was behind all those massacres for the past ten years. He was glad that he was given a chance to survive by the space sirens. Yukhta, specifically. He never knew why, but till today, he still has a little affection on her. Perhaps, it was because she had been guiding her to save the princess all these months, accompanying during his lonely months in Planet 14.

It was a tragedy, what happened five months back. President Mc. Conner and his son, Jonathan both were murdered by the creatures from the other planets. Chen had tried his best to prevent it from happening as he reasoned with them, but it was too no avail. It was also undeniable that the President and his son had caused multiple deaths of creatures throughout the universe, including separated many families from their loved ones. Ever since their death, the citizens had been living in peace, but though the peace had been restored, they still needed governance. Governance was to ensure that Mars would have a leader. A leader fit enough to prevent bloodshed. A leader who would be willing to listen to ideas of every citizen. Chen lived long enough to know who is capable. Democracy was what they had agreed on. For the past five months, the Halton siblings had proven that they were the most capable leaders on Mars alongside a few of the chosen ones.

"Rachael?" A gentle voice echoed through the air, causing the young girl to turn backwards coming face to face with Samuel who was in his tuxedo, all ready for the event in the evening.

Rachael smiled seeing the familiar figure as she resumed her sight towards the flying spaceships on Mars where the few soldiers were training before the ceremony begins. "What brings you here, Samuel?" She questioned, eyeing him from the corner of her eyes.

"I thought of giving you this," Samuel spoke, showing her a new blue rose he had planted, causing the girl to chuckle at the sight of it.

"Sammy, you have given me one before," Rachael said as she looked at the rose where the thorns were removed from the stem itself. "You don't have to keep plucking flowers for me. They are beautiful on the farm itself. I love the blue in between the greens."

Samuel smiled before he reached out, slipping the flower in between her bun, allowing it to stand out proudly from her black hair. "I want to. This is meant for you. Your bravery to stand out even though you know the danger. Just like how strong this rose would bloom regardless of the temperature."