Chapter Four: Deja Vu/Family

Tay POV
Lea mentioned marriage just last night but at almost the very same time she became the torn enigma I first met years ago. From what I've seen and heard from Lea today and yesterday, has me confused. I'm confused by what she says and what she asks. Then I'm even more confused by the way she's acting. In the past she told me didn't even like her family.

So I'm extremely confused as to why it's so hard to tell them she's gay. Hell why she feel she gotta tell period? They're not in her life for reason, right? Lea is making things real complicated, too complicated. But I love her so I'll try my best to support her decisions.

Hey no one said relationships are supposed to be easy but if I hear her say, "Oh my God Tay what am I gonna do?", one more time. Imma smack the first person I see. I like my job, so that wouldn't be wise on my part. She said it last night...I counted, no joke, 15 times. And this morning, it was at least 5 more times and she better not call me with even more. I'm supportive, but that doesn't mean can't secretly be annoyed.

Around 12:30 I go meet Maria at a nearby park. I let Maria decide on where to meet and eat lunch together. So she chose this place. She told me she did this so Javi will have a place to play. I love that she brought him. It's odd cause basically since I met him, there's been an instant bond. He was clinging to me then and he's definitely doing it now.

"Javier get down off of Ms. Tay.", Maria says in a stern voice. He immediately stops talking and hops down. Guess she like my mama. I listened the first time, she didn't have to say it again. I like living so I stopped doing whatever I was doing. Javi obviously has the same survival instinct.

It's nice seeing Maria's motherly side come out. Even when she's being strict, she interacts with him with so much more warmth than she usually has(which is a lot). She loves him so much and you can tell. Seeing that immediately makes me remember all of our different conversations. She's always shown warmth and care towards me. It's part of what is so attractive about her.

Once we're settled and eating, she excitedly blurts out, "So I'm back to work." She has a huge smile on her face. Which instantly brings one to my face too. "When do you start?", I ask. "I started last weekend.", she replies. A huge grin is plastered on her face. "Well what do you do silly? Or are you back dancing?", I ask.

"Well I'm a waitress for a club called Deja Vu then I also dance at The House again." Oooh ok, so Natalia's back?", I joke. "I know how she was your fav.", she jokes back. "Actually I prefer Maria to her any day just saying." That makes her blush. I love seeing the confident Maria buts also nice seeing the softer more vulnerable sides to her. I know it's wrong to flirt but around Maria my sense of wrong and right seems to just disappear.

We sit and discuss why she decided to start working again. "As cliché as it sound, I'm doing this for Javi. I wanna show him to go get things he really wants. You know?", she says. " I also started back at GW. I'm gonna go get my Masters.", she adds.

My phone rings. It says Wifey. Shit. I never thought there'd be a day where I'm annoyed that my girlfriend is calling, but I know her so I know what it's about. I try to gas myself so I can try to sound excited when I answer but I know I'm gonna fail. "Un momento.", I whisper to Maria and smile(she says my  southern accent and the Spanish language go together like oil and water or as she said aceite y agua). I wink at Javi and they both giggle.

I turn my attention towards my phone. I walk away. "Hey baby, what's up?", I ask in an underwhelming tone. Damn I suck at acting. "Nothing, just going nuts over here." See. "It'll be ok Lea." This me on repeat. She brings up coming out, I tell her she'll be fine....shit what else am I supposed to say? I just wish the confident self assured Lea would come back and fast.