chapter 6

Lucian

"He said he was going to eat him though, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, I mean, he's a total witch-stealing mega-perv but he's also my dad so..." My treasure whispered to the fire witch.

Hmmm. Perhaps I should have kept the eating part to myself.

"Also does Cat have spare trousers because, um, it's totally distracting to look at it swing as he walks."

What? I looked down at myself then flicked my head back in an attempt to look over my shoulder. What swings?

The fire witch snorted in response, obviously amused about something. "Please, I can barely keep my own familiar halfway decent, nevermind yours."

A silent snarl twisted my lips. The fucking cat was a menace, he shouldn't even be in the same sentence as anything dragon. I should probably eat him too.

I grunted with an affirmative nod and a slow smile at my last thought, straightening my lips into a thin line as my sparkly witch looked over her shoulder at the sound and raised a perfect eyebrow as her blush pink mouth pouted at me.

She was a manipulative little thing. Fluffy blonde innocence and dazzling sparkles hiding scheming brilliance.

The dragon didn't care. He'd willingly allow her to steal all his jewels if only she'd let him stare as she glittered like diamonds for him.

Her head whipped back around to the front, stealing her face from my gaze with a punch to the chest that felt almost breathless, and the dragon rumbled discontentedly within; the vain creature disliking her attention elsewhere.

"Ooh look," My treasure squeaked, "Dead-Eric found a friend."

Rushing to catch up with my witch, I quickly caught her hand in mine, securing her to my side as she bounced along and spun blooming clouds of glitter that almost had the dragon hypnotised.

She tugged at my hold on her, her forehead crinkling to a frown as she huffed and glared at me when I refused to let go. "Luuucyyyy..." She attempted a snarling warning but it was kitten-like and only made me flash my teeth at her in invitation.

And even though I knew she wouldn't understand that I'd just offered to serve my witch in the most pleasurable way, it still made pride fill my chest when she rolled her eyes and left her hand in mine in defeat.

"Hey, Zombie," The fire-witch called out to the corpse shuffling along ahead in a slow moving gait that was torturous to watch. "Who's your friend?"

The corpse twisted around in shuddering movements, its black holes for eyes immediately darting to my sparkle witch, and causing a rumble to build in my chest when he froze at the sight of her and failed to look away when I was blatantly standing right there.

How dare he.

I should eat the corpse too then.

My treasure shivered at my side, her face pulled into a nervous frown, so I yanked her off her feet with a squeak and clutched her to my chest, patting her back in soothing motions.

"Eeep!" She squealed and I shushed her while patting again. I'd seen many witches do this previously, usually to the smaller people of the coven and my witch was very small so it must be something she will need often.

The fire-witch snorted. "I think you're smooshing your witch there, Scales."

"I am patting," I grunted, "I can take care of my own witch." Just incase she thought I needed assistance - I did not, my witch will be well cared for.