Chapter XII - Amnesia

Madeline - Amnesia

“Jeddah he’s awake! Jeddah hurry come over here! Should I spray him? Is he one of them?” My vision opened up through my shut eye lids. Flickering lights were sparkling above me. My back and neck ached with siring doses of pain.

“Joel put the damn fire extinguisher down. Here’s clearly not wearing a patient’s gown” I could see two small figures hovering over me.

“Who, who are you?” The boy who first spoke asked.

        I peered around sitting up. The blood came rushing to my temples and gave me the overwhelming lightheadedness I deserved. Turning around I could see it was a kid with long dirty blonde hair. He looked no older then Silver who was about fourteen. In his hands he carried a fire extinguisher. The hose aimed at me.

“My name’s Madi. I’m looking for my friends” I rubbed the back of my head and could feel a bump forming. I must’ve hit hard when I fell through the door.

“Friends? Jeddah, who do you think he’s talking about?” The boy turned to an older boy who was leaning up against a wall. The boy looked exactly like the younger boy but had a nice little goatee forming. At least what could pass for a decent goatee.

“I don’t know. Maybe one of the kids back at the east wing?” The older boy walked over to me and helped me up.

“My name’s Jeddah, and this is my younger brother Joel. We heard screaming coming from the emergency exit so we opened the door. We didn’t know anyone was still alive from the lower floors”

“Yeah well, I’m not really from the lower floors. I was sent from outside to find my friends and Doctor Harmon” Both of the boys eyes shot up in freight.

“Jeddah, did he say from outside? People are here to help! We can leave!” Joel was shaking Jeddah in excitement but Jeddah was unconvinced.

“Well I’m sorry to say Madi, but you like the rest of us. You’re already dead. There’s no way out and especially with those crazy patients on the lower floors. You’d never be able to make it past the eight floor” The older boy just turned away and grabbed the fire extinguisher from his brother.

“Well I made it up here didn’t I?”

“Yeah and you almost died out there just a few seconds ago right?” Jeddah rebutted. He was right I didn’t exactly know how long I’ve been in the hospital, but I had managed to almost die on several occasions. I barely made it up here in one piece.

“You said the rest of you? Which means, there are more hostages. Listen you need to hear me out. If you don’t get out of here. This building is going to blow to bits with everyone along with it. Sane or crazed it doesn’t matter unless I find Doctor Harmon” The boys looked at each other than at me.

“Jed, we need to get him to Alice. If there’s still a way we can get out of here. Then we could still survive”

“Even if we did take him back to the east wing. How would we be able to get out?”

“Listen, Jeddah is it? I just need to get to the tenth floor. If you can get me up there I might have a chance to stop this all” I pleaded pointing down the dark hall.

“Well I’m sorry to say but the tenth floor is completely blocked off. The elevator is broken and the stairs are blocked. Doctor Harmon made sure to trap us here”

“Listen here pal. I have friends up there!”

“And I have friends down here! If I let you go up there then I might be risking all of our lives. I mean what happens if you piss him off and he blows up this bomb? What then?” This Jeddah was getting on my nerves and testing me, but I needed to get to that tenth floor.