Chapter XL - Dread Knight

Madeline – Dread Knight

Everybody looked entertained by the night. The adults were drinking while the kids talked and ate all the food. Our table was full of cuisines from all across the seven seas. Andy talked about his adventures away from the town. He describe how certain foods were a custom to the people and their culture of that region. My parents got along with Amir, and Alice as well as the others. Surprisingly Adam and Luna were hitting it off well. While the other kids kept close to their dates. Skylar and I didn't have much of an appetite. None of us forgot why we truly were here. All I could think about was Archie, and how much I had a pit of darkness because of him.

"It seems like the dance floor is dying down a bit, and I think we still owe each other a dance" Skylar stood up pushing her chair in.

The dance floor was cleared from its hundreds of masked dancers. A few couples walked out onto the dance floor. The lights in the mansion turned a light blue mixed with pink. A slow song started to pour out from the speakers.

"I believe we do owe each other a dance I stood up and pushed my chair in.

I wrapped my fingers along Skylar's and we walked out onto the dance floor. We were the only two from our group who actually walked out to the dance floor. We walked dead center of the room were the lights were the brightest. Skylar had on a pearl white mask and I had my black and silver.

"A little nervous" I wrapped my hands around Skylar's waist. Skylar wrapped her hands around my neck.

"It's okay, just let the music do the talking" Skylar's hips started to sway. I followed her lead and stepped side to side.

"I was beginning to think we'd never have a dance by the end of the night" I twirled Skylar by her hand. When she stopped twirling her back was against my chest. I had her hands crossed around her waist.

"I was just waiting for the right song. A perfect moment only exist in a small window in time" Skylar unraveled herself from my grasp and ran her hands down her body. She outlined her figure. She undid her hair and shook it out. She walked over to me walking her fingers up my chest.

"Grab onto my neck" Skylar looked at me weird, but she did as I said.

She wrapped her arm around my neck and I lifted her legs up around my waist. I spun her around in a circle. She let her legs off my waist and I slowed down the spiral. I had one hand on her lower back and another on her upper. I dipped her slowly and her back arched like a swan. Her hair fell towards the floor. I lifted Skylar back up and our faces met in front of each other's.

"Is your dad watching us" I whispered to Skylar. She looked over my shoulder.

"Intently" She whispered back.

I smiled then leaned in towards her. I pressed my lips onto hers surprising Skylar with the kiss. I opened my eyes and pulled my lips away slowly.

"You're such a tease you know that?" Skylar grabbed my collar.

"So what are we Madi truly?" Skylar looked up at me with her leaf green eyes.

"Well, like you. I was waiting for the perfect moment" I knelt down on one knee.

"Uhh, Madi what are you doing?!?" Skylar looked around and the rest of the crowd turned towards us.

"Don't pay attention to them. In this moment only we exist. Skylar Redding I don't have a ring to commit to you, but I have my heart. Will you be my girlfriend?" Skylar began to blush and she covered her mouth.

"You go Madi!" I could hear Rocky and Dillan screaming from the table.

Skylar was tearing up and she shook her head in embarrassment.