Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

*Zoe's POV*

I stared out the window at the dreary sky. It'll probably rain. Good. It will match how I feel.

It's been 3 months.

Three months.

Nothing from any of the boys. I distinctly told Louis not to make promises he can't keep. See I'm right again!

I was distracted from my thoughts by someone yelling for me.

"Zoe! Come take out the trash!"

That would be my "foster mom", if you can even call her that. Her and my "foster dad" are just in it for the money. When I turn eighteen, they'll be rid of me. And before you think, 'Oh, this is just like Cinderella! They work her all the time but then she'll find her prince and they'll live happily ever after!' No, sorry, it doesn't work like that.

First off, they don't work me all the time. Sure, I have chores like everyone else, but that's just a normal part of living. And I just happen to take out the trash for one of mine. Second, even if they did work me like Cinderella, I would never get a prince and live 'happily ever after', it doesn't work like that. I always hated that story anyways...too cliché

"Coming!" I yelled back. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. My foster mom was in there.

"Next time I call you, have a bit more respect. I don't want you bellowing at me." She scolded me.

I mumbled a "Yes ma'am." And emptied the trash into the big trash can behind the garage.

As if that wasn't enough, when I ran back up to my room, I heard the last thing I wanted to hear.

"Baby, you don't have to worry

I'll be coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you

Lately, I've been going crazy

So I'm coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you."

Really? One Direction are just a bunch of liars! They sing that'll they'll be back for you, BUT. IT'S. JUST. A. FREAKIN. LIE! They don't care!

To make matters worse, the next verse came on, which what do you know? It was Louis.

"I've never been so into somebody before

And every time we both touch I only want more

So tell me nothing's gonna change yeah

And you won't ever walk away, yeah

Cause even though every night you'll know what I'll say"

I didn't even realize I was crying until I touched my face because I had an itch. Turns out it was because of a stupid tear. I angrily wiped them away. I will NOT cry over One Direction! Sure, my life isn't the best, but I'm used to it. And I'm used to people lying to me and giving me false hopes. So I need to just suck it up and get over it!

I stomped over to my foster sister's room and pounded on the door. She opened the door,

"What do you want?" She huffed.

"I want you to turn your music down."

"Never gonna happen."

"You're giving me a headache!" I exclaimed.

"So what?" She smirked. I swear, she is the most annoying fifteen year old to walk the planet! She always acts like she's so much better than me. Because her parents are still alive, and that she doesn't have to be in foster care. It's unbelievable how much she despises my existence.

"Nobody wants to hear you blasting One Direction!" I tried to get into her head.

She glared at me. "Zoe, you just don't want to listen to them because they ABANDONED you! They didn't want you anymore than we do! What makes you think that One Direction EVER wanted you?! Your uncle never wanted you! Heck, YOUR OWN PARENTS DIDN'T WANT YOU!"

I recoiled as if she slapped me, "Peyton, TAKE THAT BACK! My parents DIED! They didn't leave me voluntarily! You had NO RIGHT to say that!"

She looked at me, unfazed. "Whatever, just got back to your little room, shove those earbuds in your ears and continue trying to ignore the world, like the pathetic thing you are."

I don't understand how she can tell me how pathetic and worthless I am everyday and not even care! Is it ridiculous that I get bullied by a girl two years younger than me?!

She slammed the door on me and turned up her music louder, if that's even possible. And I just went off to my room to be alone.

But she's right, why would I even think that One Direction would even stay true to their promises?

---

---

---

*Louis's POV*

We were on stage doing a show in Australia, I heard Liam begin singing Back For You,

"Whenever I close my eyes, I picture you there

I'm looking out at the crowd, you're everywhere

I'm watching you from the stage, yeah

Your smile is on every face now

But every time you wake up

You're hearing me say"

"Goodbye" Harry sang, right on time.

Why did I not want to sing this song? I was thinking as we sang the chorus,

"Baby, you don't have to worry

I'll be coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you

Lately, I've been going crazy

So I'm coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you."

Zoe.

She must hate me. First, she thinks I betrayed her because of her being found. Second, it's been three months and I haven't came for her! She has every reason to hate me! Which I'm sure she does. I tried! I really did! I questioned Simon on it and did everything I could, but he told me to stop or everything would be postponed, and told me to stop thinking about her. I can't. I keep replaying in my mind the look of hurt on her face when they took her away. Eleanor keeps telling me that it's not my fault, but if I never made Zoe live with us in the first place, it never would've happened.

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I missed my solo. Harry came over and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Mate, you okay?" He asked me quietly in my ear.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry I missed my solo, it won't happen again." I said back. He gave me a conflicted look, like he was about to say something, but he just nodded and got back into the song.

"Lately, I've been going crazy

So I'm coming back for you, back for you, back for you, you."

That's it. I'm gonna try harder, I'm not going to give up this time. I need to fix Simon's mistake for abandoning her, my mistake for not keeping my promise.

Zoe, I'm coming back for you.

--------------------

A/N: Hey I don't write this story anymore and I know I haven't posted in several months but I don't think anyone is reading this, so is it worth it? I have a couple more chapters that I wrote in the past so I'll post those but I don't know if I'll write this story again because I don't really like One Direction anymore and I've moved on to other writing that I may post but I'm not sure. Sorry, I just don't think anyone reads this and I'm not even quite sure why I'm posting this now...