XII

열두 - waste it on me;

"isn't this fun?" jungkook says, swinging his and minji's intertwined hands back and forth.

"no."

yoongi had been assigned babysitter of the date, jungkook's mom (who treats yoongi like a son) having deemed jungkook too young to be out on a date alone.

to put it straight, he's a third wheel.

"why couldn't namjoon come babysit with angela or something." he grumbles, sulking a few feet behind the two lovebirds.

the giggles coming from their mouth annoyed him. he wanted to punch something.

they walk around the park, yoongi behind. going on rides, feeding each other (which the older boy was disgusted by), they eventually got to the ferris wheel.

the unofficial couple went together and yoongi went solo.

he sat in the small, confined space just thinking to himself.

'why do they pursue a relationship that they know won't last?' he asks himself.

yoongi learned from a young age that all good things come to an end. this also included romances.

every time the little carousel stopped, it swung. it made yoongi's stomach feel queasy.

"i'm gonna be sick." he groaned, wishing the ride would just end. he pulls out his phone.

"7 percent!?" he groans once more, slumping on the hard bench. it was hot outside, and he was sweating like a pig.

he looks out the window, and realizes he's nearing the top. 'the view is kinda nice.' he thinks to himself. suddenly everything stills abruptly.

"riders, please excuse the interruption. there's a minor interference with the machine system." an employee calmly says over the loudspeaker.

yoongi groans for the twentieth time today. he was stuck, sweaty and alone, at the top of the ferris wheel, with a phone at 7 percent.

he looks to his right and immediately looks away.

"don't you dare think about that, suga." he scolds himself, trying to get the nasty picture of minji and jungkook locking lips out of his mind.

"don't...don't look." he tries. but his head has a mind of its own and turn. the couple have scooted beside each other, facing away from him. minji's head leaning on jungkook's shoulder. it made him feel a pinch in his chest. maybe that was all the sugar.

"i hate this." he grumbles.