Chapter 12

Lotus Flower, 

It'd been exactly eight weeks and one day since the day I found out you passed away. Every day I woke up thinking 'this has to be a dream right?' but then I realized it wasn't. That day was very real, and you were never coming back. I would never get to tell you, 'how much I love you' or 'how much I miss you' anymore. You were gone, and I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye. 

After you passed, Adrian tried to help me get over you, but it never worked. For the past two months, I would randomly start crying out of no where and every night I would end up crying, thinking about you. I was a mess, you could say. It didn't help either when I decided to go on Facebook. Somehow I would always end up reading our messages and conversations - then I would end up sobbing again. And don't even get me started on 'our song'. 

After that day, I couldn't even listen to it anymore, it was just way too depressing knowing we weren't together no more. I didn't even think my life could get any more complicated until that faithful day.

I woke up just like any other day and got ready for school. My friends still worry about me asking if I was okay every now and then. Sure, I wasn't exactly fine, but could I tell them that? And plus, I was getting better - I wasn't shedding tears every day like I did for the past two months or so. School was normal, same classes and same boring lectures. It never really changed... until computer class; the email I got had me paralyzed.

It wasn't from you if that's what you're thinking.... though I wish it was. But then again maybe not.... that would have been a little bit creepy. Anyways back to the email.

Since we had free time during computer class, I decided to check my email, since they blocked Facebook during school. It was an email from Adrian. I didn't really think much about it at first, since it was Adrian. He would normally send me emails, asking if I was okay or if I was crying again. So I just thought he sent me another one asking if I was getting better.

Clicking it open, I started to read, ignoring everyone in class.

"Hey Violet... um how should I start this? *thinking hard*

Well...  I guess I should just get to the point of this message, right? *takes a deep breath*

If you're sad... I'm sad too :(

If you miss me, I miss you...I may be in your heart but I'm not the one you care about the most. Violet, *Shyly says* I just wanted to tell you... I like you.

I'm serious about this. From the very first time we'd met, I liked you.

Now you're probably wondering what about Selena? I did like her, but somehow you were the one I thought about when I first woke up and before I slept. When Selena and I broke up, I thought maybe I should tell you - but I couldn't. You liked Noah and he liked you.

I kept my feelings a secret, but since Noah passed... seeing you cry just broke my heart. A kind, beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying like that. So here's my question... will you be my girlfriend?

I know this sounds so weird, you can reject me if you want. I can accept that, but please if you do, can we go back to being friends? And forget about this....?

If only... *sigh* but I know you love Noah. 

I'm sorry for this message, I just wanted to tell you. 

Oh and I'm going to be gone for two weeks for this seminar, so um goodbye for now.  

Take care while I'm not around.

- Adrian"

The first thing that popped in my head was, 'What?' and the second was, 'Huh?'

I stared dumbfounded at the computer's screen, probably blushing bright red, re-reading the message over and over again - well that was until my friend interrupted me. 

"Violet, what are you doing?" 

"Um... nothing."

She stared at me with calculating eyes. "That doesn't look like nothing," she said pointing at my cheeks." 

It's just an email."

"From?" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for my answer. 

"A friend."

"Violet...."

"Fine!" I gave in. 

"It's from Adrian."

"Adrian, you mean Noah's friend?" Her mentioning your name, snapped something in me. It was most likely my heart. Even though I was better than before, I wasn't over you one bit. I don't think I could ever be.

"Yeah..."

"What did he say?" she asked joyfully.

 "Nothing... the usual." I shrugged, hoping she would drop it.

"Don't lie." She shot me a disapproving look. "From the looks of it," she said glancing at my burning cheeks, "he said something good."

"Nope! He just wanted to know if I'm alright."

"Fine, whatever... don't tell me." She crossed her arms, and went back to work. Breathing out a sigh of relief, I closed my eyes, trying to wrap my head around his email. 

"I knew it! He likes you!"

 My eyes shot open, going towards my friend. 

"What are you doing?"

"Well since you didn't want to tell me, I thought I'll just read it," she stated. "I think you should take his offer."

My eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"You know be his girlfriend."

"Um... in case you haven't noticed, I'm still not over Noah."

Her eyes soften. "Sweetie, it'd been over two months since his death. It's not healthy to drown in the past. Adrian might be what you need right now."

"But-"

"Just think about it. You have two weeks to figure out your answer."

I nodded, not knowing what else to say. Could she be right? But... I still love you, and Adrian's just a friend.... or a big brother. Ugh! Why does everything have to be so confusing?

Sadly enough nothing could ever go right - if you thought my life was a mess now, just wait and see.

Love,

Violet