#3

"You need to understand that as much as you want their happiness, they want yours too. You can't just deprive yourself the only thing that brings you solace just because you think they need it more than you. You can't just drop out of school, Fadwa." Nadia looked into her eyes and hope she could see a feeling that would let her know that Fadwa had really reasoned with what she had been telling her since when they started walking to the chemist, in the chemist and their way back home now.

Fadwa heaved a sigh and looked up at Nadia, repositioning Sabeehah that was cradled on her back. She took another footstep and looked at her feet for long before she spoke. "You would never understand this, Nadia. Just because I'm dropping out of school doesn't mean I'm ending my life. There are a lot of things I could do than to study, my family need it more. And had it been Ammi have a way she could pay for my exams, she would've done that gladly. And you of all people know that Baffah is completely out of the question. So don't worry, I promise you I would be fine. Trust me."

Nadia palmed her face and squeezed her hand on Fadwa's shoulder. "You need to understand that, always telling your loved ones to trust you while you figure everything out doesn't mean we aren't seeing you crumbling within. It doesn't mean we don't see your begging eyes always, trust me Fadwa; we know you want for once to rely on someone too."

Fadwa smiled and stopped by their house door. She looked at a worried Nadia and flashed her a reassuring look. "When I tell you to trust me, I mean it; Nady. You need to trust me because I know everything is in the hands of Allah, and he surely doesn't forget about a certain Fadwa Mamman Jalo that lives in the street of Luggere within the city of Adamawa state. He knows, he sees, and he always hears; Nadia. We should only pray for the best."

Nadia turned to her back and scooted off a sleeping Sabeehah, "I know, Fadwa. And you would always be in my prayers. Let's get her in and lay her down." With that, they marched together into the house. It was a peaceful evening, because Baffah had left after vomiting out the gross within him, and he wouldn't be back till midnight.

Fadwa gently lifted their curtain and made way for Nadia to pass. She salaamed and walked into the room before placing down Sabeehah on the bed, and it squeaked at the added weight.

Nadia and Fadwa sat before Ammi and they greeted her. "I'm fine, Nadia. How have you been and your Umma? I hope everything is fine at home?" Ammi asked, flashing her a beautiful and loving smile-as if she isn't the woman that was breaking with each passing second within her heart.

Nadia crossed her legs into a yoga position and smiled, "Yes Ammi, everyone is fine. Umma is extending her greetings to you."

"Let's eat, Nadia." Fadwa offered her food, it was placed on a plate but still in its black leather.

"No, Alhamdulillah. I ate the food before you went to our house. You should eat and have some rest though." She flashed Fadwa a loving look and turned her attention back to Ammi that was affectionately staring at them. She loves their friendship because if not with Nadia by Fadwa's side, she would've been long crumbled.

"Ammi, Fadwa told me something really disturbing and I think I should talk to you about it maybe you could make her change her mind," Nadia said, and Fadwa looked up at her-but she snubbed the look. She couldn't just leave everything in Fadwa's hands while she always uses her mantra to beguile people into believing that she could do it while she clearly couldn't.

"What is that Nadia is?" Ammi asked, looking curiously between Nadia and Fadwa.

Nadia squirmed in her position and spoke. "She said she's dropping out of school because there isn't any way she could pay for her exams fees. But Ammi we know that's completely out of the question, Fadwa should never drop out of school. As much as she will try denying it, she needs to be in school."