Afternoon Delights

Unedited**

*pic of girls's Bio father>>

Warning: Gets a little steamy

Feeling the car coming to a stop I looked up and I realized that we were already at the restaurant; the fifteen minute ride went by a lot faster than I'd hope for. At the sound of the car door opening I released a deep sigh. 'It's now or never Claire' I thought to myself,

"Thank you Gene."

"Have a pleasant lunch Ms. Ramonos." He replied closing the door. Making my way towards the entrance of the restaurant I attempted to exert as much confidence as I could, anything to mask the nervousness I was feeling on the inside. It was Monday

"Hi, I have a reservation under Ramonos." I said to the host.

"Yes of course Ms. Ramonos, your party is already here."

"How long has he been waiting?" I asked.

"Not long, around ten minutes." Following the host to our assigned table, I observed my surroundings; the restaurant was fairly busy, every table was either occupied or reserved-it was one the popular spots for the business executives to dine at this hour. I hadn't want to meet him in the boardroom back at the office for two reasons, firstly I really wanted to keep my personal life away from prying ears around the office and secondly giving the circumstances I felt a stuffy boardroom wouldn't be helpful to already tense situation. So I settle for a lunch meeting in an environment that wasn't too rigid or too friendly. "Here you are Ms Ramonos, your waiter will be by shortly."

"Thank you." I replied and then turned my full attention to the man currently rising out of his seat, "Mr. Dorrell." I spoke as he took my already outstretched hand shaking it.

"Ms Ramonos, it's nice to finally meet you." I could tell his statement was sincere but I wasn't planning on writing him off as a threat as yet.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting." I said as I sat down.

"No need to apologize, you were right on time." After he spoke a silence engulfed the table as we openly observed each other. As I observed him closely, there was no denying that he bore some similarity to the girls; when had first met them in the airport I had suspected that their eye colour was inherited from their father and I was right.

"Hi, I'm Steve and I will be your waiter, have had a chance to look over the menu?"

"No, not yet but in all honesty I wouldn't know what half the things on this menu means so how about I just let you handle the ordering." My dining partner said, the distaste in his tone did not go unnoticed, brushing it off I nodded and turned my attention to the waiter.

"Hello Steve, we will have the shrimp and avocado cocktail to start, followed by the salmon and maybe two glasses of your chardonnay. Thank you." I spoke without bothering to look at the menu.

"No problem, I will be right back with your drinks." As soon as Steve stepped away, I turned my full attention back to Mr. Dorrell.

"I hope my selection was fine for you?"

"My stomach can usually withstand anything, even your fancy food." The way he stressed the word fancy told me that he hadn't appreciated my choice to have lunch here.

"If this restaurant doesn't suit your standards Mr. Dorrell, I am of course open to suggestions." I took a small sip of water from my glass while watching his reaction to my slight taunt but commendably he swallowed his reply and changed the topic.

"How are you finding motherhood, Ms Ramonos?"

"It has it challenges but it's worth it, the girls are worth it." He nodded his head in understanding. "Would you like to see a picture? I am not sure if you have one already but I have one here."