Be Happy...

**Unedited**

Once my talk with Salvatore was finished I went to my room; Salvatore said he would inform Marc of the current situation and knowing him he will show up at my door shouting how I undermined him. But frankly I could care less-at this point I needed to stop caring and do what is necessary.

Getting back to my family and explaining to them why I went missing will not be easy but that was where Marc being here will come in handy. I could say that I ran into him and we started talking, blaming the romantic scenery and old feelings rekindling our relationship bringing us back together. Sure, it will be hard sell but it will be manageable.

The hardest thing of all will be giving up the girls. I know Salvatore agreed to not harm my family but if I kept the girls I would be the one putting them in harm's way. Getting involved with Salvatore is obviously dangerous and we can always get caught in the crossfire. And because of that I need them far away as possible-Ben has been great I was already considering joint custody-I just need to keep reminding myself that it is the right thing to do, maybe then I won't be able to heart my heart breaking.

"Claire open up!" Marc banged on the door.

"Please come in Marc."

"I have no patience for your sarcasm tonight Claire..."

"No Marc I have no time to explain myself to you. I am sure Salvatore told you all and nothing is going to change-so if you're looking to rant throw a tantrum like child-take it somewhere else." And I truly did not I had enough to deal with all I want to do is crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep. Realising that this was the only response he would get from he left the room, the door slamming behind him.

In the past year, I ran out on my wedding, met the kindest, generous friend I ever had and lost her in less than a day, survived a gruesome plane crash to become a parent to two wonderful little girls. I built a better relationship with my family and I had the chance-for however brief it was-to fall in love with my best friend. One disaster led me to this place now and while it isn't ideal I had the opportunity to live for just one year; I got to experience more than others who have a lifetime to try. If it must end, I will at least end it on my terms. This was my last thought before my eyes closed.

My sleep was interrupted by shouts and screams, at first I thought I was perhaps having a nightmare of being back on the plane; it was so similar-like déjà vu. Realising this was no dream I launched out of the bed; I had no idea what to expect when I opened the door. Cracking it open I could see my guard was no longer there, looking down at my attire I thought it best to change-thankfully had sought to drying my clothes. My trekking shoes were still quite damp but I was in no position to be picky. The last thing I grabbed was my vegetable peeler I hid under my pillow.

Opening the cabin door, I stepped out into the hallway, people were still screaming and I could hear the unmistakable sound of gunfire. I really wish I could get some answers about what was happening but that was doubtful. The one benefit is that this might be an opportunity for me to get off this yacht-everyone will be distracted. I can either sneak my way into the captain's office and find a phone or find a speedboat or jet ski and just go. But since it is night time and I have no clue where to go or where I am that option would be unwise.

I turned the first corner only to collide with Kelly.

"Oh thank god you're ok." She hugged me tightly, "Come we need to go."

"Wait-go where?" She didn't answer me just kept pulling me along. It felt like an endless run through hallways going up and down-I wasn't sure what direction I was going, "Please Kelly tell me what's going on."