Waking up

A/N

Posted a bit early-i was just so excited about working on this chapter--I hope you like it.

Added a pic of Cole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"She is still the same." I heard a familiar voice speak. From the sound of their voice I could tell that they standing somewhere off to my left. I tried opening my eyes but they felt as though there were stapled shut. The rhythmic beating in the background was my first clue to that I must be in a hospital. "I'm gonna stay through the night-I will call if they're any changes." The person then shifted closer to my bed so much so I could feel their body heat radiating off them.

"Hey, Claree." It was my brother-Cole. No we weren't twins but our parents both have a strong liking for C-names. "...I think its time you woke up,you're really worrying us now." This made me smile, leave it to my brother to play the 'bossy' big brother when I'm laying in a hospital bed. Our relationship wasn't prefect, he had his life and I had my own but I loved him, out of everyone he was probably the only one in my family I was the closest to. He always provided his brotherly support and advice whenever I needed it, hell he was the one that drove me away from my 'almost wedding'. When I told him I had to leave he didn't ask any questions he just grabbed my hand and started walking me out of the chapel. God was that only three days ago. Cole was still mumbling in my ear about me not waking up and it was beginning to annoy-so in hopes that waking up will shut him up I made a stronger effort to open my mouth and form words, but not without difficulty.

"Will you shut up..." I croaked out-my voice not sounding like my own.

"Claire!" my brother shouted.

"Oh god...now he's screaming."

"Sorry, its just that..."

"I missed you too bro." I finally opened my eyes and they adjusted to the sight of my brother smiling his face off.

"It's good to see you Claire...awake."

"How long was I out?"

"About three days."

"Three days? You can't be serious?" Its been three days since the crash. I laid there in the bed trying to wrap my head around the idea that I had been in a, what I can only guess, a coma for three days. After about a minute I looked over to my brother who I'd swear was on the brink of tears, just staring at me. "What's wrong Cole?" I asked concerned .

"Nothing, I'm just happy you're here."

"You don't look happy?" I furrowed my brows at him.

"Listen, you and me were never that close Claire but when we got the call that you were in that plane crash. I mean the news reported that no survivors were found..." he trailed of and I knew what they must have all thought. I reached for his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I understand but I'm here and alive so lets not dwell on that. How is mother taking it?" I knew that last question would cause a sudden shift in topic.

"Ha! Mother is all about damage control as you know. You know since the whole wedding fiasco." I flinched when he mentioned that. " I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring that up Claree."

"Don't worry about it. How...how is he?" I asked without saying his name, my brother knew who I meant.

"He's coping." that was a very vague answer but I felt another headache coming on so I decided to save that topic for another time.

"Cole, my head hurts a bit would mind calling a nurse or something?"

"Shit! That should have been the first thing I did-hang on I'll be right back." He said and left the room excitedly. I closed my eyes for a moment to recollect myself, when reopened them I started to notice the state of my room. You would never have guess that this was a hospital room. It more resemble the Ritz but that's expected when you're a Romanos. The room was painted ivory, with the wall directly behind me being some kind of wooden panel. A Flat-screen TV, a small lounge area for visitors, cupboards and closest, well pretty much all the furniture here was made with real wood (dark). I had two beds, one was a normal hospital gurney and the other off to my right was a low-double bed. But the best for me would have to be the window, which span the entire wall and led out to the balcony. The sun had just set but I could see streaks of red and oranges in the sky-watching sunset was one of my favourite things to do.