Chapter 05

Chapter 5

 A/N: If you don't remember A from Naruto, thats a picture of him to the right :) Enjoy !

Raiden P.O.V

It had been 2 days since I had ran away from Orochimaru’s hideout and never looked back. My legs and feet were sore from non-stop running, my head still ached from Orochimaru digging his nails into my head, and I was weak since I hadn’t eaten since… that day and the bright sun was only making it worse. I couldn’t really tell what time of day it was, I didn’t even bother to keep track, all I knew was that I had to keep running like Nori said or her fight for me would’ve been in vain. The thought of her and what Orochimaru was doing to her as punishment, if she was still alive, only made me feel guilty. I sighed. I should’ve stayed and helped her fight… I was a coward. I shook the thought out of my head, Nori had promised me she would find me and that I would see her again, and Nori always kept her promises, so I would never give up on her, no matter what. I continued my trek and kept Nori’s face inside of my head, it was the only thing that kept me going. Truthfully I had no idea where I was going, I only ran and never stopped. I had found a trail yesterday and just followed that until I could find some help.

I just kept running and two days had turned into a week, a week had turned into two weeks, and after that I lost count.

“Dammit” I cursed. I felt so weak, I couldn’t run, or even walk for that matter. I only staggered up the trail and tried my best to keep going. It was dark and raining so hard I could barely see in front of me, and each step seemed to take away more and more energy.

“I have to keep going” I whispered to myself. Nori would keep going…. No matter what condition she was in. I took another step and fell face first into the mud and I grunted. The fall only made me feel worse than before, if that was possible. I rolled onto my back and relaxed in the mud, it was the most comfort I had felt in a long time. I stared at the dark sky as the drops continued to fall on me and felt I could stay here forever. It was so peaceful here, the only sounds was the water falling to the ground and my breathing. My eyes slowly began to close… this was the place I would die, in peace…

A (future Raikage for those that don’t know) P.O.V.

I sat in a seat close to the fireplace in my cabin and watched the boy sleep in the nearby bed. His breathing wasn’t as shallow anymore since I had found him yesterday; the boy was just lying on the trail and from what I could see he was really close to dying before I got there. I couldn’t just leave him there, he was just a child, and he only looked about 8 years old. I had cleaned him up pretty well though; I replaced his clothes, gave him some medicine, and had cut his hair. There was a lot of scarring on his head and all the mud in his hair had almost given him an infection but luckily I had taken care of it before it got worse. He’s been unconscious since the day I found him and when he did wake up, he only kept his eyes for about 3 minutes and would always call me by the name of Nori and then just go back to sleep. I imagined Nori was probably his mother but what mother would just leave their child for dead in the middle of nowhere? I grinded my teeth, the whole situation seemed weird to me.

“Is he up yet?” I turned around to see my student, Emi as she shut the door behind her. She was with me when I had found the boy and had been pestering me about who he was since we brought him back to the cabin.

“No he’s been sleep the whole day” I said as I turned my attention back to the warm fireplace and just looked at the flames. I heard her sigh and stomp around.

“This is so stupid he should’ve woken up by now, I hope he’s okay” I shook my head; Emi could be really impatient sometimes.

“He’s fine Emi, let him get some rest. Where were you today?”