Chapter 02

Raiden P.O.V.

8 years later

Screams could be heard down the dark hall as I lay on my cot in my small cell. The only light was dim candle lit lamps on the wall, no windows, only cement walls. Master Orochimaru was probably experimenting again; even with my door closed shut I could hear all the ear piercing screams. I felt sorry for whomever was going through that, Every muscle in my body was still aching from Orochimaru giving me his curse mark and making me test it out on the other prisoners so I knew whoever was being experimented on was going through pure hell. Another heart wrenching scream rung out and made me cringe, every scream made me feel sick. I covered my ears and balled up thinking of a place better than this, though any place was probably better than this. I had been here since I was little, I was possibly born here, I really don’t know, all I know is that all this isolation over the years had hardened my heart a bit. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see my best and only friend Nori. She worked for Orochimaru but she had always treated me kindly and would look out for me like bringing me extra food, making sure I had a few blankets, and always made sure none of the other prisoners ever harmed me or they would be killed. I looked to Nori as the only family I ever had and the only person I have ever loved, sort of like a mother or sister. She was really mature too even for her age, she was only 13 but she acted older and loved to take charge which has always made me laugh because we acted just alike. Always wanting to take charge, was sort of a hot head, aggressive, and a dominant person. Nori has long blonde hair that stops at her waist, and bright blue eyes that shined even in the darkness.

“Are you okay Raiden? I know you don’t like hearing all the screams” I shook my head yes and sat up.

“Is it time for training already?” I was still tired, I couldn’t get any sleep from all the screams and besides that, yesterday’s training had taken a toll on me.

“Yeah it’s time, I’m sorry Raiden I know you’re tired.” She rubbed my head like only she could, it always seemed to soothe me when she did that.

“But the good thing is , Orochimaru said I could train you today” My eyes lit up and a smile formed on my face, it was as if all my pain was gone, I always loved it when Nori trained me it was more fun and she never pushed me beyond my limit and plus she trains me in ninjutsu. Unbeknownst to Orochimaru, she had been training me in ninjutsu for at least 5 months, since he never did, he only trained me in taijutsu because he thought I would escape if I learned ninjutsu.

“Really?! That’s great c’mon” I jumped up and began to put on my gear, as soon as I finished I ran towards the door of my cell until Nori pulled me back by the neck of my collar.

“Wait a minute, before we go we have to tie up your hair, it’s getting pretty long and it might get in your way.” She was right of course, it was at least down to my ankles even with my short stature, that’s pretty long hair. She ran her hands through my hair and pulled it back into a ponytail.

“See isn’t that better?” I shook my head yes.

“I guess it does look better like this, can we go train now? I think I’ve gotten better at that fireball jutsu you taught me” Nori chuckled and said “Okay lets go”.