*Chapter 32*

The bell ringing brought a swift smile on Paul's face, at last they can spend the rest of the day together. Everything was prepared, the car, the food, and the tickets. All that is needed now is Rowan. A crowd of students hurried down the stairs, all of them rushing to get out the school premises. Paul waited patiently , ignoring the lingering gazes of other females, with some of them shamelessly pointing straight at him as they giggled to themselves. He didn't notice it before and he wouldn't have noticed if they weren't being so obvious about it. Paul didn't like the attention, at least not anymore.

Paul turned away from their ogling, his face forming into a scowl. He crossed his arms and waited more, hoping that she would turn up soon. Then he felt like he could not wait no longer. Turning around, Paul decided to enter the school, worried that something was holding Rowan up. But he didn't have to go further as he caught her voice, along with other voices greeting her happy birthday. From where he was standing, all he could see was the Cullens and Paul grew irritated at their close proximity.The Cullens can't be trusted.

There is nothing good that comes to humans that associates themselves with bloodsuckers and he could only hope that Rowan would share what the pack feels regarding their kind."There's someone here for you," Edward smirked " We'll go now" . He placed his arm around Bella, gently pushing her towards the front entrance of the school. "See yah around Row-Row!" Emmett said, earning himself a glare from Rosalie.

All of the cold beings were fast to disperse , leaving Rowan and Paul alone. She waved as she met him halfway, tiptoeing so she could properly hug Paul. The simple gesture easing away the tension and the formed line on his face, beaming at her, he ruffled her hair. "Happy Birthday" . She grinned at how easy his anger melts away, Rowan felt that she could get away with everything, at least most of them.

Briefly pouting, she wasn't sure how long the secret with Noah would stay hidden, maybe she should just tell Paul about it. Perhaps later, once they enjoyed the rest of the day. Hand in hand they walked out of the school, both in the bestest mood as they look forward to their celebration together.

The two were in high spirits when they arrived back to reservations, Rowan carried some shopping bags that Paul bought for her as he carried all the dirty dishes and all of the other things that he considers too 'heavy' for Rowan. The promise of telling Paul the truth was fast forgotten as she relished the rest of her day. Billy waited for them at the front door of the house, eager for all of them to start dinner together, him being with John was too awkward. "What took you so long?" he asked as Rowan leaned in to plant a sweet kiss against his cheeks, Paul stood behind , meeting his gaze directly. "Sorry Billy, we lost track of time" he said , not really apologetic judging from the nasty grin that Billy could see.

"As long as you are here now" John appeared from behind, his eyes flickering between Rowan's and Paul's. "I'm sure you're hungry now Row, let's eat inside" Rowan shook her head, declining the offer. "Well I'm too full right now, but I bet this guy can eat again" All of them went inside in silence. Rowan quickly went to the kitchen to help prepare dinner for them, Jacob was already there, helping himself to the food ."Jake, don't eat it all!"' she said as she playfully hit him in the shoulder.

In the dining room, the three sat in silence. Paul noticed that there was this sick sweet smell around John, a scent that Paul and the others from the pack knew too well. It doesn't resemble the Cullen's or Victoria's, his thoughts diving deeper and deeper as his protectiveness grew. Is there another vampire lurking in Forks?

John could not handle the tension so he spoke "Billy, I hope you don't mind if Noah visit the house"Billy turned towards John,frowning "Rowan's best friend from Toronto?" Billy asked. John nodded "Yes-the only one. Can you believe it , Rowan didn't even tell me where he was staying" he mumbled a couple things after, upset that he was not able to see the kid that he treated like a son. How can Rowan keep Noah from him?