*Chapter 13*

If you have any information regarding this missing man, please step forward and give the local police a call. He was last seen yesterday night, picking up a passenger from Forks Washington. We appreciate your help.

The face on the screen was familiar to Bella, it was the same one that was with Rowan. Was he dead? The awful feeling slowly crept up to her, knowing that somehow all of this are connected to her.

Bella paced back and forth at the Cullen's residence, terrified of what happened to Rowan.

''It's got to be Victoria'' she said, and the way Edward and Alice looked each other, pretty much confirmed it.

Her phone rang, hesitantly, she answered. ''Hi Billy, yeah I'm with Rowan at Edward's house, she can't talk right now, she's in the washroom''After ending the call, she panicked.

''Oh gosh, what am I going to do, it's my fault'' Edward placed a comforting hand on her shoulders. She's not supposed to be involved in this, Bella should have known better, she was older for crying out loud. Clenching her fist, her eyes almost tearing, regretting everything.

''Alice is trying to figure out where she took her, we are going to get her back'' he promised, trying to make Bella and himself feel better. He should have known , any human that has gotten closer to them would be in danger.

Carlisle was able to talk to Sam, they're joining in for the search. I've seen it.

Edward breathed out, feeling less anxious, the wolves possess great skill in hunting, rivalring their own. Alice froze suddenly, before her was a vision, a gruesome one. They both stiffened, as they heard Rowan's cries, they were sharp and loud. Alice shivered, feeling as though she was right there. ''Oh gosh'' she whispered to herself, there were many variations of the future, and most of them were less forgiving.

Bella noticed how tight Edward's grip became, ''Is everything alright'' she said, her voice shaky. The two remained quiet for some time, not wanting to scare Bella.

''What do you mean Rowan is missing?'' Billy said, frowning. ''She's with Bella'' The older man was surprised to see the Cullens in their territory, more surprised that Sam had let them come in the first place.

''I believe Rowan snuck out of the house to go to Seattle yesterday night to visit her father, alone'' Carlisle explained calmly, sitting at the couch.

Billy gripped the handle of his wheelchair, feeling faint. ''I'll let Charlie know'' he said, moving towards the phone line. ''I should have been stricter with her'' he said regrettably.

Carlisle sighed ''I don't think the police would be helpful'' Billy's eyes turned sharply, feeling both anger and fear. ''What do you mean''

''She was taken by one of our kind'' Billy then shut his eyes tightly, feeling overwhelmed. What are the odds of her coming home safely he thought, but Billy soon learned to bury the negativity, knowing that it wouldn't help.

''Alice is tracking her down, we will find her soon enough'' Esme said, trying to give comfort to all of them.

Eyeing up Carlisle, Billy warned. ''If my granddaughter is harmed in any way because of you, the treaty would be over'' he said , surprised that he was able to speak so calmly, though he was feeling far from it.

''I understand'' Carlisle answered, he had to take responsibility for all of this.

Sam and the others arrived at the house after, ready to search. Jacob saw how serious they all looked, and when he glanced at his father, he found his emotions alarming. He could swear he was hearing Paul growl too, like a wolf, his face contorted in anger. ''I'm going to help'' Jacob said, determined.

''No Jake, Rowan would need you here when she comes home'' Jacob hasn't phased yet, so he didn't know any of the tribe's secrets. Billy also didn't want to worry for his granddaughter and his son at the same time , he didn't think his heart was prepared for it.

Jacob wanted to protest , but his father's eyes were pleading. ''Please, Jake, just stay with me''

When they were far enough, they all phased, Paul growled at the Cullens as he did so. He wanted to rip them apart, limb by limb.

''Stop it Paul, we need to help each other'' Sam said through their linked mind, feeling troubled for the possible outcome. If Rowan dies, he didn't know what would happen to Paul.

Paul moved faster and pushed Sam out of the way, feeling enraged by his thoughts. ''She will come home'' he said, his teeth baring, leading all of them away. He was connected to Rowan, if someone is going to find her, it would be him. He was blinded by fury, pushing himself to go faster.

''I've got it, the eastern forest just outside of Forks''Alice cried out, as Edward called the others.

''Is she alright?'' Bella asked, grabbing her shoulders. Alice looked away for a moment, then her face turned turned blank. ''Yes, for now. Victoria wanted to play and interrogate her, but Rowan kept on refusing to give her any information'' Alice saw how aggravated Victoria became, but Rowan wanted to protect Bella.

Sinking into the couch, Alice covered her face with her pale hands. '' I should have seen it'' She focused too much on Bella, not thinking that the others could have been a target.

Bella combed through her hair, finding Rowan stupid, she should have given Victoria what she wanted, even at her expense ''Come on Rowan'' she muttered, trying to calm her frantic heart. She found it hard to applaud the girl for her loyalty, her face softening, knowing that Rowan cared for her that much. If she could switch places, she would.