[ 022 ] power and love

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

    KAELYN HAD ONLY tackled Peter for a second before, in a blur, they had teleported, and Kaelyn found herself back at their tree. Peter shoved her grip off him, Kaelyn stumbling, feeling her heart constrict as she tried to heave in through her tight throat. She whipped around to stare at Peter, eyes blazing.

    "What did you do?" she seethed, hands already alight with indigo.

    "I had to," Peter responded.

    Kaelyn chucked an orb of energy at him, the boy dodging with ease. "You said that the last time!" she snapped.

    "I'll die without it," Peter retorted, looking exasperated.

    "And whose fault is that?" Kaelyn spat back.

    The words were so harsh that Peter paused, face falling slightly, and Kaelyn remained still, waiting for what he had to say to defend himself. He blinked at her, swallowing thickly, adam's apple bobbing, as Kaelyn waited in simmering rage.

    "You left me," Peter murmured, finally. Kaelyn furrowed her brows at the direction he was going. "You promised to never do that," he added.

    "After you hurt me," Kaelyn retorted viciously.

    "Touché," Peter said, with a hapless chuckle. "Why?"

    "Because you took advantage of me and syphoned my power for years for yourself," Kaelyn hissed, offended by how obvious the answer should have been.

    "It was for us," he said.

    "Neverland was for us," Kaelyn said, eyes wide, as she held her arms open to the view of the trees. "All of this was for us. Was that not enough?" At Peter's lack of an answer, she narrowed her eyes, shoulders slumping. "It wasn't, was it? And you didn't trust me to control Neverland alone."

    "Neverland is mine," Peter said, firmly.

    "You're wrong. You stole it. It has always listened to me," Kaelyn snapped back, before holding a finger to him. "And you? Your power comes from me, from Neverland. And it's dying. The only thing keeping it alive is the remainder of my power. When that runs out, it dies, and you with it."

    Peter's eyes went cold. "You knew."

    "When I left? Yeah, I knew. And I didn't care," Kaelyn said, fiercely. "All people had ever done was use me, take advantage of a power I was taught to fear. I thought you were different, I thought you loved me for me, and I could trust you. You were the one person I shouldn't have had to worry about... but you're just like everyone else, but so much worse. Hiding your manipulation behind pretty words, false smiles and love."

    "That wasn't an act," Peter denied.

    Kaelyn shook her head. "If you loved me, you never would've done that to me. You would've trusted me and let me have control. Neverland is sick because of you, and you're dying. Not because I left, but because you left me no choice to stay. This isn't my fault, no matter what you say or what everyone else is told and believes. This is your fault. You brought this on yourself."