T E N

brinley's PoV

I've always loved planes. The thrill and excitement of being able to fly through the air has always amazed me. When I was younger I aspired to be a plane pilot, it had always been my dream for some reason.

Staring out the plane window, I couldn't help but imagine how Jonah and I meeting for the first time would be. Or how meeting the rest of the boys would go. I was certainly nervous, but the joy of meeting five people I have frowned so close to in the past three months overtook the nerves by miles.

It was pretty obvious they knew I was the Brinley Firley they enjoyed watching, though somehow it took Bryana to make me realize it. How they figured it out? Well I later got that out of Ashton, who admitted to keeping it a secret from me that they knew.

Of course I was upset that he has been hiding that from me for so long, but I soon forgave him after he bought me a giant thing of chocolate and one of those teddy bears you'd see those Instagram famous girls post about.

The plane ride from Kentucky to California wasn't the worse, only about four and a half hours of me constantly accidentally falling asleep on the old man seated next to me. He didn't seem to mind, though I could tell he was a bit uncomfortable.

Most of the flight I slept, but when I was awake I was mainly eating. Food is basically my life, though I do try to watch what I eat, I do splurge here and there. For example, the chocolate Ashton gave me that I'm currently sharing with my seat neighbor.

It was about half an hour until the flight would land and the old man - who had slowly warmed up to me - and I were in a few conversation about life. "So? Is there any mrs?"

The man, whose name I later learned was Hank, smiled as memories seemed to swarm in his brain. "There was. Her name was Beatrice, the love of my life, my high school sweetheart. It's honestly comedic how we met!"

I smiled also, "And how exactly was that?"

"Well, you see, during my time we didn't have cellphones, so in order for us to communicate we had to do it in person. Crazy right?" He chuckled at his own joke, causing me to join along. Old people have always brought a warm sensation to my heart. "Anyways, I had a massive crush on a girl named Jamie who happened to be best friends with Beatrice and was also her locker buddy. That's what we called people who had lockers next to each other. Well, one day I had managed to get enough courage to ask Holly out. I wrote a note that states - and I remember so clearly 'Meet me behind the bleachers... yours truly, Hankfort."

"Oh? And what happened after that?"

"Well, you can only imagine my surprise when I saw Beatrice appear behind the bleachers instead of Jamie. Apparently I must have slipped the note in her locker instead of Jamie's. But I felt so bad and didn't want to break Beatrice's heart, so I went along with it. I never would've guessed we would've lasted all through high school and even ended up getting married! Tell me, Brinley," Hank reaches over and grabbed one of my small hands in his, "Have you met someone special to you?"

"Well, when I was sixteen I met this guy. He was sweet and loving and kind, and we soon grew so close that it ended in the greatest relationship I've ever had. We loved and cared about each other deeply, I've never felt that way about a guy before. Unfortunately, after three months of being together, he got into a terrible car accident and suffered fatal brain injuries... It was one of the hardest moments of my life."

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that at such a young age. But trust me when I say this, you will meet someone who is just like your sixteen year old lover. I know you will."

I was about to say something when one of the flight attendant came over the intercom and told us we would be landing in about five minutes.

My glee got the best of me I wasn't able to finish my conversation with Hank, but what he said was enough for me to know that it would more likely stick with me for awhile, if not for a life time.

Waving goodbye to Hank, I grabbed my carryon and headed off the plane to the baggage claim.

As much as I enjoy plane rides, the one thing I hate is the long walk from when your exit the plane to where your baggage is located. And half the time something would be wrong with your baggage, mine at least.

I remember this one time a few months ago on my trip to Hawaii with Ashton and Ali, we went to the baggage claim and mine was the only bag that didn't circle around. So, obviously, I was freaking out until it finally came around to me with dents and scratches in it. I was pissed off and reported it to one of the security guards that were walking by.

After grabbing my bag, I went outside to wait for Jonah who texted me as soon as my flight landed saying he would be waiting outside in ten minutes. As I was waiting, a fan came up to me and we started a conversation about how life was and what my relationship status was, of course. I ended up following her fan account and taking a few pictures with her before her mother called her saying it was time to leave.

When she left, I saw a familiar figure walking towards me. Gasping, I threw down my bags and ran towards Jonah, jumping into his arms and burying my face in his neck.

After a few seconds, I jumped down from his torso and went to hug the rest of the boys. "I can't believe you guys are actually real!"

"And I cant believe you are the Brinley Firley!" Daniel exclaimed with a fake shocked expression.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Don't worry, guys, I know you already knew I was."

Jonah wrapper an arm around my shoulder, "I'm assuming you don't actually have family out here?"

Shaking my head, I grabbed my bags and the boys led me to Jacks jeep. I threw my belonging in and then hopped next to Jonah and Corbyn in the back seat while Zach and Jack were seated in the passenger seat. Daniel, unfortunately, had to share a seat with me because there wasn't another seat for him. Somehow, someway, we had manage to fit both of our bodies in the middle seat.

"So, where do we wanna go first?" Jack asked in a cheerful manor.

I shrugged, "Well, I'm starving. So we could go to Chipotle? And then to my hotel so I can clean my self up? Or we could do it the other way if you don't wanna be seen with my ugliness right now."

Zach gasped, "High school dropouts do not speak about themselves like that! Come on, Brin, you're gorgeous!"

"Not when I just got off a plane, but thanks anyways my dropout friend, I appreciate you."

"Chipotle it is!" Jack yelled, starting the car and heading off to our destination.

(a/n) word count; 1260
i hate this chapter but i love hank. also, i was thinking and i know how imma end this book (it won't be ending for like 30-50 more chapters) and i'm lowkey proud of the idea lmfao. it's sad but ya know 🤷🏼‍♀️