Chapter Thirteen

THIRTEEN

Sunlight shone in my face and my eyes battered open. I rolled from my back onto my stomach and looked at the gorgeous face peering back at me.

"Good morning, beautiful," Danyl greeted.

Apparently, I had spent the night with Danyl. In Elsetime. My mum was gonna kill me.

"Uh," I mumbled, "hey."

He brushed my hair - which strongly resembled a bird's nest - out of my face and planted a small, delicate kiss on my forehead. "Today is a big day." He announced.

I nodded my head. Big day? Was that a joke? It was a huge day. Massive day. Enormous day. I was getting married. I was going to be a queen. A queen. "Yeah," I said, "I know."

The room was lit up well from the sunshine, and the red velvet curtains gave the room a reddish appearance. It was neat, tidy and the bed I had been sleeping on was covered in silk sheets. Spoilt much.

"You look rather nervous," he stated, slipping his hands into mine, "are you okay?"

I took a deep breath in. "Yeah, fine," I replied, "just getting used to the idea, you know?"

He nodded his head and rose from the bed. His perfectly sculpted body wore only a short pair of boxers. It didn't seem like Danyl's thing, but he looked amazing nonetheless. His toned arms stretched above his head as he yawned. "I do not wish to rush you, but you need to get up out of bed. Elondra is expecting us very soon for your dress and there is so much to arrange." And with that, he left the room.

I pulled myself out of the oh-so-comfortable bed and pulled on my shirt. So apparently, I'd slept next to Danyl without a shirt. Why was my memory of last night so hazy?

I ignored the thought and fixed up my clothes, ran my fingers through my hair and left the room. I headed the direction I assumed Danyl had gone, but I wasn't really sure. The hallway, filled with portraiture and beautiful paintings, seemed to stretch on forever. It was after about five minutes when a soft hand gripped my shoulder.

"You must be her," came the soft voice of a young woman dressed in black, "Danyl's wife-to-be?"

I nodded my head. "Adara," I concluded, "and you are?"

She pulled me in for a quick hug and smiled a gorgeous smile. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun, her eyes were a bright green, her cheekbones high and rosy, and her lips red as a tomato. "I am Yvette." She replied. "You must be very hungry, come with me."

I followed her further down the hallway and then into an archway surrounded with roses. What kind of Kingdom had archways like that inside? "Where's Danyl?" I asked curiously.

She gave a warm smile. "I am assuming with his grandfather," she said, "he did not really tell me. He told me to tend to you in any way you need."

I nodded my head. "Thanks."

"My pleasure," she replied, stepping into a kitchen about the size of my school cafeteria. Maybe it was my school cafeteria? Just.. in this world. This time.

"So, are you a...?" I wanted to ask if she was a maid, but I felt rather rude.

She nodded. "A maid? Yes, dear. Do not be afraid to ask."

An embarrassed look washed over my face as she turned away and towards a large bench.

Yvette fed me a three-course breakfast meal, beginning with yogurt, continuing to bacon and eggs and finishing with porridge. It was the most amazing breakfast I had ever had. I thanked her as often as I could before Danyl turned up in the kitchen.