Chapter Eleven

ELEVEN

He wiped his brown hair out of his face, revealing his shy-looking blue eyes. My God, he was gorgeous. What was he doing with me?

"Danyl, what's this?" I asked, taking the small black box from his delicate fingers.

"Just open it."

I carefully unravelled the perfectly tied bow - trust Danyl to be a perfectionist - and slowly opened the box. Buried inside tissue paper was a ring. A golden ring with a perfectly sculpted emerald heart in the middle. "It's beautiful." I whispered.

"Like you." He countered with a smile.

"Is this an.." I started, but I couldn't say it. The word wouldn't come from my mouth. "Is this an eng.."

"Engagement ring?" He offered.

I nodded hesitantly.

His lips curved into an unsure smile. "Yes and no. It's a present, Adara. But it also shows that you are mine." He said. "Happy birthday."

My face showed a huge, and very foolish looking, smile. He placed the ring on my left-hand ring finger, and smiled back at me. "You deserve a more appropriate 'proposal' than the one I gave you originally." He said, looking embarrassed. "And I just want to make sure you do not think I am only in this for myself and Elsetime. I really do care about you, Adara, and I hope this proves so."

"It does." I assured him, leaning over from my car seat and kissing him softly.

He smiled, looking very satisfied. His smile was so contagious. It was slight, but very cheeky looking. His eyes lit up when he did it, too. If you saw it, you couldn't help but smile with him. "Now that we've done that part, let's go to the movies."

I nodded eagerly. The car ride there was silent, but it wasn't awkward like I expected it to be. His car's radio came on randomly half way there, which made us both laugh, but that was about all the interaction we had before we reached the theatre.

When we got there, he opened my door for me - such a gentleman - and held out his hand to help me out. I took it and smiled. He shut the door behind us and locked the car. (Good thing, too, anyone in my world would be looking to steal that sexy ride.) Then he wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked in.

He opened the entry door for me, too. He was just the sweetest thing. I saw a few people from school and they eyed me strangely - as if to say "Holy crap, Adara Shafton has an attractive guy with her!"

And before we could even reach the counter to buy tickets, the oh-so-convient Timmy Jones strutted over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Adara!" He addressed, nicely. "What's all this? I like, never see you out. Especially not with anyone but Joan and Clayton."

I couldn't respond, because Danyl had already outstretched his hand and introduced himself. "I'm Danyl," he stated, "Adara's boyfriend. It's her birthday, so I'm taking her out."

"The name's Timmy. You may have read my column in the local newspaper."

"Timmy," I said, shaking my head, "he's not really from around here."

Being with both Timmy and Danyl at the same time made Danyl seem just so much more attractive. Poor Timmy, but his cute button nose and glasses act was nothing up against Danyl's dreamy blue eyes and brunette locks. I couldn't believe I had such an attractive boyfriend, and that he was willing to introduce himself as it as well.