Chapter Eight

EIGHT

His beautiful blue eyes looked at me. Damn, how could I be refusing him?

"Adara, please do not do this," he began.

I shook my head. "No, okay? No." I responded. I wasn't changing my mind.

"What is with this sudden change of heart?" Piped in his grandfather, looking worse than when I first saw him.

Turning to face him, I immediately felt guitly. But I wasn't going to let them win. "I'm so sorry. For you, really, I am. But you Danyl, just leave me alone, okay? I don't want anything to do with you. I don't know why I agreed in the first place."

He stepped towards me and grabbed my hand. Normally, that worked, but I pulled away instantly. "Don't touch me." I scolded.

"Adara, please..." He contined, "you don't understand what you're doing. If my grandfather passes without a new King to take his place, our world will be exposed."

"Oh, really, how?" I asked, coldly.

"I cannot tell you why right now." He admitted.

"Exactly! What do you expect from me, Danyl? Really? Huh? I'm not your queen, nor will I ever be. I don't know a single thing about this world, and I'm still trying to believe that it actually exists. It doesn't help that you barely tell me anything."

"Adara please don't -"

But before he could finish, I grasped my necklace. "Emitsle!" I shouted.

As his world fell away, and I came back into reality, I realised I was I was back in the park. What the-?

Oh, of course. Wherever I leave his world, is where I will end up in mine. I ran quickly to my house, scooting through the door hoping mum and dad wouldn't notice my absence.

"Adara," dad said, "I thought you went to the bedroom?"

"Yeah," I replied, "I did, but you know me, I just, uh, climbed out the window. Thought it would be easier to come back in through the door though."

Mum eyed me suspiciously. Typical.

"Are you feeling alright, honey?" She asked me.

I nodded my head. "Never felt better. In fact, I might go organise something with Joan, is that okay with you two?"

They exchanged glances and nodded unsurely. I grabbed the phone and walked out the front for better reception. My house was the worst for things like that.

Dialing the number I knew all too well, I waited patiently for Joan's eventual "hello."

"Yeah, Joan, hi." I said quietly.

I could tell she sensed the uneasiness in my voice. "Adara, are you okay?" She asked.

"I am. But I was just wondering if you and Clayton wanted to meet up with me at the mall soonish?"

Joan hesitated, and I could hear some muffling whispers in the background. "Yeah..sure."

"Is Clayton with you?" I asked. The two usually hung out together. I was kind of like the third-wheel in our little trio. But we'd been like that forever, so we were all pretty used to it.

"Yeah he is. We'll be there in ten, okay? See you outside the food court?"

"For sure." I said, before hanging up the phone.

I grabbed a green hoodie from my room and a pair of black jeans. I put them on in the bathroom and gave my hair a small brush. Joan loved hanging out with me at the mall, because I made her look a million times more attractive than she already was.