Muse

Beneath the heavy curtain of his eyelids, he dreamed.

He dreamed of Lauren's smile, her laugh, her touch. The way she would say his name. The way she would always light up at even the littlest, most insignificant of moments that the two had together.

He dreamed of her lips against his, melding and meshing together. He dreamed of how she would be. How her breasts would feel pressed against him; how her legs would feel wrapped around his waist; how her hair would feel between his fingers; how her lips would feel against the side of his neck, his chest; how she would moan his name as she came.

"Oh...Y/n..."

And the two would collapse on top of one another, panting and knowing that it was right. And they should've been doing this the whole time.

Y/n woke up with moisture dewing his brow, the sheets soaked in sweat around him. Hazel orbs narrowed, looking down and realizing that his body had reacted to the way the dream had effected his psyche. He got up, headed to the shower to take a particularly cold one.

Thank goodness Camila had left earlier, he realized with a relieved sigh as he walked into the bathroom, not before grabbing a clean t-shirt, shorts, and boxers.

He turned the water on and stepped into the shower, shivering when the icy water came into contact with his skin, goosebumps automatically forming at the touch. Y/n closed his eyes and just...wondered.

He wondered about where their relationship was headed. What would become of him and Lauren? He was beginning to feel awfully attached to the girl, and really couldn't imagine being away from her for a long period of time. But then there was Camila...

Y/n thought back to the hickeys he saw last night. The way Camila kissed him passionately, but still had guilt hidden in her eyes, even after they made love.

He shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts. No...Camila wouldn't cheat. Never. But, even though that's where he stood with that, he couldn't help but have that annoying feeling that he was missing something vital. Y/n finished up in the shower, back to his normal, pre-Lauren dream self, and dressed before coming out of the bathroom, looking and feeling refreshed.

Y/n styled his damp hair back, as he usually did, and sat down on the edge of the bed, contemplating what to do. He didn't have much of anything planned. Maybe sketch a few things... He did have one thing he wanted to do.

There was an art gallery being held in Paris in a couple of months. Y/n wanted to submit a piece of his work to be shown there. The portraits that got shown there every year brought instant recognition and fame to their artists. He had entered before, but never had he been chosen. The piece of artwork for the art gallery had to be submitted in just two weeks.

He already knew who he wanted to paint.

Lauren.

The first picture he drew of her was absolutely breathtaking, but it was only in pencil. The art gallery required something to be painted, in a frame. The object had to be a person. And with her bright, vibrant, forest green eyes, Lauren would be a bold statement for any artist to behold. Now...Y/n just had to ask her if she was willing...

Willing to be his model once more and also...willing to do it nude.

The gallery was one of the breeding grounds for all the up-and-coming artists in America, and they showcased specifically nude paintings. Y/n gulped when he thought of the first time he saw Lauren in next to nothing, then dismissed it. Didn't want what happened in his dream to happen to him now. He didn't want to have to take another shower.

Y/n's thoughts drifted to the gallery, and how everyone would marvel at the dark haired, green eyed, exotic beauty. Her features were very desirable. Pale skin, taut limbs, slender physique. Certainly, if he painted her right, she would be the talk of the gallery.