Girl Crush

Slow your roll, Lauren. Just. Calm. Down!

But it was very hard to concentrate when one of the most attractive men she had ever laid eyes on was sitting across from her, smiling so gently it caused her heart to ache.

The two had set out a picnic blanket underneath a large tree to give them shade. Y/n then brought out several containers of food, setting them down a fair distance apart from each other, and opening each one before sticking a spoon in each. Lauren's eyes lit up as she saw several of her favorites: chicken, mashed potatoes, and several other vegetables.

The artist jerked her out of her reverie over the food by smiling and saying, "I hope you like mangos."

Lauren turned to face Y/n's, eyes alight with pleasure. "Mangos?"

Y/n nodded with a smile at the childlike wonder in the dark haired girl's eyes, "Yeah," he said, taking out the container of fresh cut mangos he had brought from the market earlier. He placed them on the little blanket the two were sitting on and leaned back, taking in the sight of the elated woman next to him. Her hands were clasped in front of her chest, fingers intertwined. Her eyes were bright and glittering with happiness. Her long, dark brown hair was blowing slightly in the pleasant breeze that swirled around the both of them. He chuckled and pulled the plastic wrap from the top of the container, "I assume you like mangos."

"Of course!" She all but shouted, emerald eyes boring holes into the plastic container.

The artist smiled and pushed the mangos toward her. "Here, take all you want."

"Hell yes!" Lauren said with an enthusiasm that Y/n could only smile at. She grabbed a handful of the fruit and began chowing down, before she stopped and looked at Y/n guiltily, "Um...'re you...shure you don't wawnt anyy?" She said, her mouth full, the sticky juices dribbling down her chin, but she didn't seem to care.

Y/n smiled gently as he reached out with his thumb and wiped away the sweet juice from her chin before putting it to his mouth and taking a taste. "Mm."

Lauren's face turned red as she sputtered out some incoherent words that Y/n chuckled at.

"You're cute." He said, smiling at her with an expression that made her heart begin beating in miles per hour.

"Uh...agh..."

"You didn't like that?"

"Well, I...uh..."

"Worried about Camila, huh?"

"I..."

Suddenly, the truths that had evaded Lauren for so long came shooting back to her. She shook her head, dark brown locks blurring her vision for a second before she rose from the blanket and went racing to the pond, kicking her shoes off as she went. Lauren laughed, but she didn't know if it was due to happiness or just her being hysterical from all the things that were put on her back in the last few hours. She arrived at the bank of the pond and rolled up the legs of her pants to above her knees.

"Lauren," Y/n called as he followed her, her shoes in his hands, a incredulous look on his features, "Have you lost your mind?"

The waitress turned around just as she stepped into the pond water. "Oh, no, not at all!" She laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head and closing her eyes in a smile.

She kicked her legs as she walked in deeper, causing a spray of water to fling from the appendages. She laughed as the cool water came into contact with her skin, causing chill bumps to cover them, as well as make the hair on her arms stand up slightly. Droplets of the cool substance flew and landed in her hair, lingering there like crystals.