Let Me

She picked the red dress.

Red was her favorite color, after all. And Normani had once told her that this dress made her look like a movie star. Though she wondered what that exactly entailed coming from her best friend, she figured she'd test the waters with it tonight.

No one had seen it on her except Mani- and maybe Dinah, but that was when she had barged in on her while she was trying it on. She also wanted Y/n to be the one person she tested it out on. It was as silly thought, as well as something that she was certain might get her into a situation that she wouldn't want to get out of, but she had to try something.

She twirled slightly in front of the mirror, feeling silly for doing so. She'd often seen Normani or Lucy do the same thing, to show off a dress. Though with Normani it was a serious gesture, and for Ally it was a mocking of Normani's girlish habits. The loose red fabric of the dress billowed around her legs and waist, flowing out to spin around her like a carousel.

The dress was a simple one, but beautiful nonetheless. It was a deep crimson in color, and the fabric was airy and light. The neckline was a deep V and plunged just slightly enough to show off the tiniest bit of cleavage. It was classy, but still sexy at the same time. It was a long dress, the silky fabric looking like water where it fell off of her frame. The fabric was tight around her bust and waist, but flowed outward airily when she turned.

Well, I suppose I look good. She thought to herself, smiling in the mirror. She twirled a lock of dark hair in her fingers. She had it lightly curled at the ends, but otherwise, it was left down.

Emerald eyes glanced up to the clock and saw that they had only ten minutes to leave unless they wanted to be late to the gallery. Sighing, she made her way into the living room portion of the hotel room and looked around. The artist was no where in sight, and groaning, she sat down on a plush, expensive looking chair.

The ticking of the clock seemed to be getting louder and louder every second she waited for the artist to emerge from his room, and she found herself leaning forward, elbows resting on her thighs and chin in her hands in a not-so-ladylike pose. Her stomach was twisting in a nervous knot, her heart hammering away in her chest. For reasons she had yet to decipher, she was actually nervous.

She sighed and looked toward Y/n's door, as if willing him to be ready.

Funny that he takes longer to get ready that I do. She thought as a chuckle vibrated her throat.

Lauren rose from her seat, unable to keep a stationary position for long, and walked over to the kitchen. She retrieved a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water from the faucet. Drinking deeply, she closed her eyes and relished the crystal clear taste of the liquid as it rolled down her throat.

"Nervous?"

The voice startled her out of her pleasant reverie, and she almost spit out whatever drink she had left in her mouth. Turning around, she was face to face with the exact reason she was in a strange, yet beautiful city, feeling so many butterflies in her stomach it was a shock that they didn't emerge when she opened her mouth. "Maybe."

Y/n smiled at her, a smile so tender, so heartfelt, that she felt her own heart start to pump frantically beneath her chest bone, hammering away as if to beat away the cage that contained it. He didn't wear a suit this time, opting for a more casual attire that consisted of a white button down shirt and a pair of black dress pants. The shirt was slightly unbuttoned and showed just a bit of his collarbone. His hair was fixed as usual, the loose strands fell in his face casually.

He seemed equally as awestruck by her appearance as well, hazel orbs lingered on every small detail of her as she stood in front of him. She moved around the counter, walking slowly, as to not topple over in her gold heels, and strode up to him, smiling gently as she did so.