9. Lesson Learned

9. Lesson Learned (Emma's POV)

I woke up with a skull-splitting headache. My head literally feels like it's pounding. Ugh, hangovers are the worst.

I rolled over and groaned in pain and complaint as I did so. I slightly opened my eyes to see what time it is and saw that it's already 9:53am. I still have a class later at 12n.

I rubbed sleep off my eyes as I stretched my whole body. I would've preferred to stay asleep until 11am but my stomach disagreed. I haven't eaten a complete meal since yesterday.

So, after a mental debate on whether I'm going stay in bed or get up and have breakfast, I leaned more on the latter.

But while I was in the middle of fixing my bed, I came across a glassful of water and 2 advils on the nightstand. I sighed in relief, knowing how much I needed this for my headache so I quickly drank it. But once realization kicked in, I started frowning in confusion as to how it got there in the first place.

I racked my brain for any memory of last night that maybe I did put it there before going to sleep but I can't think clearly under this throbbing head.

Shrugging it off, I grabbed the glass and opted to put it in the sink when I saw something else near it---a note.

Alright, this is getting a little weird.

Confused, I picked up the note and read,

"You're quite a hugger last night :)"

My eyes widened in alarm.

Who's this from?! Did someone sneak in? It's clearly meant for me considering that I don't have a roommate. But how did it get here? I can't clearly recall leaving my room unlocked yesterday.

Come to think of it, I can barely remember anything from yesterday---more so last night.

I read the note again and again in the hope of a single memory coming back, but none did. Since I rarely drink, I have a low tolerance to alcohol. So I got dizzy fast after downing a large cup of it in one gulp. And yup, that's pretty much all I can remember from last night.

I reread the note again and again just to see if I'd recognize the writing. And after a few attempts, I did.

It was Andrew's.

My heart beat raced as I considered the possible reasons why Andrew would write this to me. But since none of the reasons are good, I got anxious and frustrated I immediately crumpled the paper and got rid of it.

"What does he mean?" I thought. "I was a good hugger last night? How?"

To get rid of my confused thoughts, I decided to take a long shower. So I quickly made my way to the bathroom, heated the water, and prepared my clothes while waiting. But since I was too anxious, I didn't wait for the water to be heated too long and opted to take a shower immediately.

And as I was in the middle of taking my clothes off, my eyes wandered through the mirror by the wall and what I saw caught my attention: I wasn't wearing the same clothes I wore last night.

"Oh my god." I muttered.

Since when did I change clothes?! I clearly don't remember ever waking up last night to change to my pajamas.

And god, look at my hair! It's tangled in a just-fucked way!

What the hell happened last night?!

Did Andrew and I...

No. Don't even continue that thought, Emma.

With shaking hands, I continued taking my clothes off. While doing so, I looked for any signs of... I don't know, something that gives me an idea of why I was suddenly wearing different clothes, I guess?