Prologue: I Became Someone's Fiancé

Author's Note: This is a sequel to Oblivious To The Signs. I highly advise that you read the first book before you continue on with this one. Though this book wouldn't be too much attached to the first one. Anyways, Rewriting The Signs will be switching between Andrew's and Emma's point of views. And we'll start this one with Andrew's.

Hope you like this one as much as you all did in the first! :) Oh, and I have a little "surprise" for you all in this chapter *winks*

Enjoy!

Prologue: I Became Someone's Fiancé (Andrew's POV)

I can't believe I'm actually on my way to France right now! My hard work has finally paid off. This is what I've been waiting for. I really can't wait to start off my college life a little earlier than when it's supposed to start. Fuck, this is exciting! 

Is it? My subconscious thought back snippily.

Yes it is. I thought back.

Whoa, I'm talking to myself. Not cool.

Anyways, I'm already sitting inside the plane, just waiting for lift off. Though I couldn't help thinking deep down, why am I not that happy the way I imagined I'd be?

I sighed. I wonder what Emma's doing right now...

I violently shook my head, earning a few weirded looks form people around me.

Enough, I thought firmly.

I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this; to accept the fact that Emma and I can only be best friends and that she doesn't love me back. This is the whole main reason why I decided to just go to France for a few special classes. I wanted to have some time off alone where I can clear my head and sort of move on so when I come back, I can completely stand my role as Emma's best friend again, no strings attached. No more of my petty, jealous, broken, and messy feelings.

That's what I'm hoping to achieve during my time in France.

My mind was so preoccupied with my thoughts about everything Emma and I had been through––our ridiculously cute nicknames, all those times I've been teasing her, our "dates" that only I seem to really consider them dates, all of our kisses––when I felt my phone buzzing repeatedly in my pocket.

I subtly fished it out and tried to secretly read the Caller ID. I don't want an FA to notice me using my phone.

It was my mom.

I was about to answer her when I saw an FA––about 25-30 years old––looking pointedly at me. She's probably waiting for me to pick up the call so she can tell me off and assess herself that she's doing her job well. I raised my phone for her to see that I declined the call. She nodded at me, looking satisfied.

I really don't get why they have to implement the regulations now when we aren't even moving yet.

Also, I wonder why my mom's calling me right now when she knows that I'm already onboard.

Okay, I have to admit, one of the reasons why I don't want to answer her call is because I was too busy staring at my lock screen. It was a picture of Emma and I hugging. It never fails to make me smile whenever I look at it, pretty much every time I use my phone.

Wonder where I got the picture from?

Do you remember when we caught Hale in the middle of writing another dumb article about us in her room-slash-temple of me? I saw that she was almost done with it––complete with new pictures of "proof" and all. One of the pictures are the two of us hugging in front of Emma's house.