20. The A Team

Author's Note: First off, I'd like to apologize for taking too long to update :( I wouldn't say I've been too busy doing school work, but since April is my birth-month, I have entirely spent it with my friends and family going on road trips, beaches, and short vacations (well, what we could fit in between my classes anyway), so I did not have enough time to update this chapter fast enough. But, since it's already at the last week of May, figured my non-updating has been too long (plus it's finals week at the uni so... yeah, priorities :))

Oh! And I've heard some of you did not completely read the end of the chapter? Like wattpad somehow cut off the last few pages of the previous update? I really didn't know because I was always reading from my phone and there doesn't seem to be a problem... So I plan to just add the last part that has been cut off by wattpad into this update. :))

Anywayyy, hope you enjoy this one!

20: The A Team (Emma's POV)

"You didn't realize Emma was the girl I was talking about?" Andrew asked Elaine, a smile forming on his lips.

"Well we were strangers then! And when you said about a girl named Emma, you said she had red hair, the Emma I know is, or was, blonde!" Elaine told him.

"Um, feeling left out here guys..." Jeremy intervened.

"Oh, sorry Jeremy," Elaine told him.

"Babe," Andrew started with a whisper. "You've been quiet. Don't tell me you're jealous..."

"I'm not." Contrary to my words, I pouted, for real this time.

Andrew chuckled adoringly and said, "Don't worry, love. The story of when Elaine and I met revolves around you actually."

"Really?" I asked, fighting a blush.

"Really." He confirmed. "Do you want to hear what happened that night?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Okay so," he raised his voice to be heard enough to interrupt Jeremy and Elaine's conversation. "I'm guessing you're curious as well on how Elaine and I met, Jer?"

Jeremy nodded too.

"Okay, so here goes..."

***

About two hours later, Elaine obviously feels completely comfortable around us now. We also found out that she's studying at NYU as well which is pretty cool. We've had a few catching up to do but really, most of the time was spent with Elaine and Jeremy trying to get to know each other. And I couldn't be happier.

Both my best friends on a good start of a budding romance. Well, hopefully. Hard to tell since they've known each other for only two hours. Like I said, I would do everything for Elaine and Jeremy to end up together.

This lunch thing became a double-date thing.

And just when my day has been going so great, I got a text from my lawyer.

FROM: Ms. Reinz

Ms. Stone, I would like to inform you that the first court hearing for Mr. Mason's and Mr. Byron's cases will take place tomorrow, Sunday, at 9am. I will give you further details about this later tonight.

-Ms. R.

[A/N: the previous chapter was supposed to end here]