23. Hold On

It's been a couple of weeks since Liam and Julie went on their first date and I know they've been on a couple more since then as well.

I won't lie, after their first date, I was a little emotional.

Liam was obviously none the wiser about how I felt, but when he told me he could really see himself falling for Julie, that sort of made want to run his head through a wall.

I'm not a violent person, but I swear only Liam brings out these kinds of emotions within me. I either want to hug him or smack him. Not sure how that works, but it's just how I feel.

But it's not like that with Julie, as odd as that is.

She'll call me after their dates. I know she's not being malicious, which is why I don't feel annoyed at her or anything. She's just someone who's happy, I'm not that bad of a person to hate her for that.

I think my life would be so much more easier if I was that person.

But then again, I wouldn't be me.

***

"You're so annoying. Why won't don't you like romantic movies?" Flo asked in disbelief.

"Because they're stupid," I told her.

It made so much sense that she watched those movies, because she gasped so dramatically. As if I said something awful.

"They are not," she denied.

I let out a snort in response.

"Whatever," Flo narrowed her eyes at me, knowing that she wasn't going to win this argument against me. "Sara, Mel and Julie are coming over to mine to watch some movies and so are you."

This caught my attention. "Really? Sara said yes to watching romantic movies?"

When it comes to cheesy crap like that, Sara is exactly like me. We'd rather watch something more action based. Something that'll have us on the edge of our seat.

Flo then gave me an innocent smile. "That girl will come for the food anyway. It doesn't matter what we watch."

Well, she wasn't wrong.

Before I could object any further, Flo spoke up again. "So movie night at my house. You're coming," she said, leaving no room for arguments and then walked away from my locker.

I laughed as she walked away. I never understood her obsession with those movies. I mean, they're not real in anyway. Let's look at my life, I am literally the girl next door and still have no one.

But I guess I can go to her house for food.

After placing some books in my locker, I was going to head to the canteen, but as soon as I took a few steps, I heard some familiar voices coming from one of the classrooms.

"Oh, honey. We are just looking out for you. You know, girl power and all. We don't want you to get hurt."

Okay, that's Amy, but who is she talking to?

"Julie, just think of us as your well wishers," I then heard her say.

Well, that answers my question.

I stepped into the classroom, before Amy can continue saying things that just didn't sound right coming from her.

"Since when did you ever wish anyone well, Amy?" I asked her, as soon as I walked into the classroom.

I noticed the fake smile that she had put in, morphed into her normal resting bitch face.

"This is a private conversation," Amy looked at me.