29. The Ball

Getting ready to go out is always such a mission. It's just too much effort.

I should be more motivated, since it's the end of year Ball but I have to do my hair, put on make up, wear a dress and heels...it's just too much. I cannot wait to get rid of it all and come back to bed.

It took a while to convince myself, but I managed to get read on time and properly.

My hair was the worst of it all, since the curls just wouldn't cooperate. I pinned some of it up, leaving a few tendrils hanging loose, letting the rest flow down my back loosely.

"Julie, are you ready?" I asked her.

Since she needed help to get ready, with her makeup especially - as if I was some kind of guru - and I needed someone to help with my hair too, I invited her over to my house. Besides, Liam lived next door to me anyway, so he could just pick Julie up from mine.

"I think so," she said.

"You look incredible," I told her.

The dress looked great on her and her hair was so pretty - especially since I helped with that. I managed to style in soft waves, as opposed to curls.

"Thanks, Rena. You look amazing too," Julie replied with a bright smile.

Well, she's not wrong there.

"Why, thank you," I said and gave her a little curtsy, which makes her giggle.

Honestly, after getting dressed, I was a lot more in the mood for this Ball. We looked so great, I wanted to see everyone else and get the night started.

"Serena! Julie! Liam's here!" I heard my Mum shout from downstairs.
Let me explain...

"Coming!" I yelled back.

We both strapped on our heels, which had left off till the last minute. I had spent yesterday evening trying to break mine in and get used to them, which earned some odd looks from my Dad, who didn't quite understand it.

Julie and I both walked out my room together, but I asked her to walk ahead of me, since my skirt was longer and was just a menace to walk down the stairs with it.

The sound of our heels clicking against the hardwood floors caused an echo, which clearly alerted everyone to out presence, and they all looked our way.

I could see Liam talking to my Dad, wearing a suit that matched the colour of Julie's dress, along with a white shirt and black tie.

Then, as he looked at Julie, I saw the way Liam looked at her, his eyes widening and the smile that came over his face. He wore

My Dad then coughed loudly - which was completely fake - to make him snap out of his apparent trance.

Liam stepped forward. "You look...um...wow," he said.

Julie blushed at his words, whilst I shook my head. He could never say actual words in a compliment, he's always sort of lost for words.

"Come on, Son. You can do better than that." Mr Hunter chuckled as he mocked Liam's precious comment.

"Leave him, Peter," Emma said, smacking his arm. "Julie, sweetheart. You look wonderful."

"Thank you," she then replied.

"Is that my daughter?" My Dad asked, loudly.

I laughed at his words, shaking my head. I had a feeling he'd try and be funny about it, instead of started with something nice.

"You look beautiful," my Dad said, giving me a quick kiss on my head.

"Thanks,Dad." I smiled.

My Mum then cooed. "My baby," she said, clutching her hands towards her chest. She looks like she might even shed some tears. She can be so dramatic.