Feelings

*May be triggering*

Damon's POV:

Jessica's dead, I thought to myself as I stood infront of a closed curtain. My best friend is dead. I have no reason to live. I'm dying anyway. Why not make myself go quicker? I flung open the curtain, letting the sunlight hit me, as my daylight ring layed on the table next to me. I swallowed my scream, trying to keep myself from alarming Stefan. My skin sizzled as it burned and I closed my eyes, ready for my body to burst into flames. I was pushed back and out of the sun, as my back landed on the ground. I opened my eyes to see an angry Stefan above me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Stefan growled angrily.

"Let me do this" I struggled to get up in a weakened state. "So just let me do this."

"You aren't going to die" Stefan held me down.

I gave up and stopped struggling. "Stefan... She's dead."

"I know. But you still have me. And Elena."

"You don't get it. She was there for me more than anyone else" I glared up at him.

"I know, and I'm sorry" Stefan apologized. "But I'm not letting you kill yourself." Stefan started dragging me to the basement.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to get away. He threw me into a cell, locking me inside.

"Locking you up. Believe it or not, this is for your own good" Stefan declared. I slumped against the wall, completely giving up.

Stefan's POV:

Damon's taking Jessica's death pretty hard. I didn't know her as well as he did, but I'm upset she died for nothing. Elijah was supposed to kill Klaus! And he didn't. Jessica's death must've not phased him at all, even when he acted like it did.

"How's Damon?" Elena asked as she walked up to me in the Grill.

"He's taking it pretty hard..." I trailed off.

"Well that's reasonable" she spoke. "He lost his only friend."

"You lost John" I pointed out.

"Yeah, but we weren't close like Damon and Jessica" Elena shrugged.

Elena's POV:

"I need to go back to Caroline. I'll talk to you later" I frowned.

"I love you" Stefan pulled me into his chest.

"I love you too" I mumbled hugging him back. I pulled away, and walked over to the table Caroline was sitting at. My mind wandered to Jessica. I feel for Damon. I really do. I'm familiar with loss, and I just hope it doesn't ruin him.

Caroline's POV:

I could tell I wasn't myself when I greeted Elena. It wasn't filled with my usual peppyness. Jessica was the vampire that took my place when Damon saved me, and I felt guilty. I couldn't imagine how Damon felt. I'm sure if he knew, he would've let me die instead of Jessica. I didn't know her that long, but I wouldn't have even held a grudge if Damon hadn't saved me. She was a feirce and loyal friend, and I miss her. I just hope we all get through this.

Jeremy's POV:

Jess is dead, and I didn't know it. I just found out as I listened in to Caroline and Elena's conversation. I'm not going to lie, I did have a small crush on her until I got with Bonnie. When Bonnie came into the picture, I almost forgot about my feelings for Jessica. I guess that saying is right. People don't care until it's too late.

Elijah's POV:

Watching Klaus rip apart strangers and run around in his wolf form isn't what I wanted to be doing. I wanted to mourn. But I shouldn't allow myself to. I had the chance to save her, or avenge her, and I did neither. Although her murderer is my brother, I should've killed him when I had a chance. But then he threw the family card in my face. He said he would bring me to them, and for some insane reason, I trusted him. I was putting my faith in him, and hopefully I don't regret my decision.
***

Okay! One chapter left in this book! There will be a sequel.