Just Stop Fighting

I was awakened by a thud downstairs. Sitting up, I noticed it was only getting light out. I hurried out of bed, in search of the person that woke me up so early. Walking downstairs, I noticed Elena standing at the front door. 

"Elena?"

At the sound of her name, she spun around and slammed the door closed. "Jess... What're you doing up so early?" 

Crossing my arms I replied "I could ask you the same thing."

"I just need some air... I'll be back later" Elena slowly opened the door enough to fit her body through. I decided to let her walk away, and I climbed back up the stairs and into bed.                   *****

I woke up again by Stefan's incessant calling for Elena. I groaned, climbing out of bed for the second time in an hour.

Before I could even tell Stefan to shut up he asked "have you seen Elena?"

"Yeah" I yawned. "She left awhile ago." Stefan paced down the hall, before he bolted down into the basement. I didn't even notice Damon was with us, until he ran passed me and into the basement. I decided to follow, and we all went to where Elijah used to be. I couldn't help the small amount of happiness I felt when I realized what Elena did. 

"Oh, she didn't" Damon groaned. 

Oh, but she did.                                                                                                                                                       ****

While Stefan began calling Elena's phone non-stop, I went to go get dressed. Putting on a loose white shirt, and camo pants.   

Walking back down the stairs, I heard Stefan warn Damon about something

Walking back down the stairs, I heard Stefan warn Damon about something. Putting a hand on Damon's arm to keep him from moving, Stefan said "back off."

"Guys. Please don't fight" I sighed. 

Looking over at me, Damon complied. "Fine" he looked back to Stefan. "I'll back off." 

Stefan's phone and he dug it out of his pocket. "Hello" he answered letting go of Damon. A muffled reply came through the phone, and Stefan furrowed his eyebrows. "Elena isn't here right now" Stefan replied. He paused, listening to the person on the phone. "No. Don't go the grill. I'm on my way" Stefan hung up, and turned his attention to us. "Klaus is trying to go after Jenna."

"Don't look at me" Damon replied, pouring himself a drink. "I'm backing off, remember?"

"Are you seriously going to be like this?" Stefan asked incredulously. 

"You started it" Damon said sipping his drink. Shaking his head, Stefan stormed out of the house. Looking between Damon and the way Stefan, I stood conflicted. Deciding quickly I went along with Stefan. I instantly felt bad for my decision when I turned back around to shut the door, when I noticed Damon was staring at where I was standing with a pout on his face. Shutting the door, I couldn't help but to think I made the wrong choice.                                              ****