Part 7~ Lee

I was in a bit of a daze after seeing Marcus looking so... sick. I just kept walking, and walking. I was perfect peaceful when a shrilling scream broke the silence. I immediately looked up and clasped my hand over Regan's mouth. She turned around to look at me and I put my finger over my mouth. Evelyn looked terrified.

Where's Marcus?!

I follow Regan's gaze and look at the floor. There I see Marcus unconscious, looking seriously ill. I rush forward and scoop him up in my arms bridal style and start running, the sooner we get to the river the better. It's too late to go home now, they're coming for us.

It's about 20 minutes later when we finally get to our destination. It was cold, and I was conscious of how that wouldn't be helping Marcus at all. He still hadn't woken up, and I was seriously worried. I could tell Evelyn was too, because the whole way here she's been crying, and she won't stop.

I signal at Regan to throw down a blanket and pillow, and lay him down gently. I throw a thick blanket over him to keep him warm, and take in his condition.

He was deathly pale, it was really scary, and underneath his eyes were black as the night sky. Looking at him really wanted to make me cry too, but I stayed strong for Evelyn. I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's bad. I have a horrible feeling it's what we've dreaded this whole time. We've been desperately praying that he doesn't get too sick, cause if he does we can't help him. And now, here we are. I don't really know what we can do, I'm supposed to know what to do.

Oh my god, I've been a horrible dad! If he- I'd he d-dies, I'll never forgive myself. I don't want him to leave us feeling like no one loves him and that he's alone!
I won't be able to deal with that.

God, I love him so much, please don't take him away from me. Please don't take him away from us. Please.