4~ Lee

I'm not in a good place right now.

I'm failing all my duties. I can't look after my kids, I can't save them, I can't even talk to them!

As much as I want to, I just can't. I know that Regan will ignore me anyway, but maybe me taking the first step would encourage her to give up.

I don't feel bad for Regan, she's ignoring me too, but I feel bad for Marcus and my beautiful wife. Regan is ignoring them too, and so am I. I'm not ignoring Evelyn because my heart couldn't handle that, but I'm ignoring Marcus. I don't even know why, he hasn't said or done anything wrong. I know he's probably really confused at the moment, but I myself don't know why I am ignoring him. What makes me feel worse is that Regan, who is usually super close with Marcus, is ignoring him too. I don't know what her problem is but she's not dealing with it very well.

Truth is, ever since the incident I've felt so empty and alone. I seriously need to come to my senses and realise I'm not alone, and that what I'm doing is just making other people feel the horrible loneliness.

I'm going to the river tomorrow, with Marcus. It's going to be extremely awkward, especially seeing as he doesn't want to go. At all. He doesn't have a choice though, if he doesn't learn these things, he's going to end up dead.

I sigh, this family drama is really getting ridiculous now. I noticed that Evelyn had entered the room, a look of sadness plastered on her face.
"I've been thinking," she signed "I think me and Regan should come with you boys tomorrow." I considered it for a millisecond, then shook my head slowly.
"I don't think so, it's too dangerous" I signed back. She frowned deeply.
"Well we're coming, honey. We need to fix this mess, it's been dragging on for way too long"

I sighed, because she's right, so so right. It's been so long now, Regan and I have fully isolated ourselves, Marcus has never felt more alone, and Evelyn is stuck in the middle of it all.
"Okay." I signed to her. A bright smile lit up her face as she leant forward and gave me a passionate kiss. I've missed this.

"How is everyone?" I asked guiltily, breaking the mood.
"Not good, baby, not good at all." She replied, her gorgeous, beaming grin being replaced with a look of hurt. I hated seeing her so upset.
"I'll fix this. I have to fix this." she nodded, but slowly, probably filled with disbelief.
"When you do, I need you to give Marcus some attention. I've been trying but he really misses you and Regan. It's not fair for him, he's not involved in you and your daughters war, yet somehow he's still being targeted" She said stressfully and fast.
"I know. I'm sorry. For everything."

A quiet place On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara