Part of the Family

Finally we were on our way back to my home town to get my items packed. Once I finally was comfortable enough to walk with my new foot, Alex said it was okay to leave the wonderlands of the Maldives. I do not think I could have spent such a horrific incident still so captivated by the surroundings had it not been for the trip. Alex definitely made my time there worth forever remembering, especially waking up to a ring on my finger. We had both agreed that spending time apart was not ideal for anyone's health. We were attached at the heart and tearing us apart would kill us both.

As we bound up the hill towards my home, my heart is pounding. My parents have never met a partner of mine simply by the lack thereof. I know my mom does not mind Alex, but it is still much different to experience their reaction and interaction with Alex in person. My parents know of the accident, so I hope my mom will be too captivated by my return to really examine Alex. Whether they love him or hate him does not change my mind, but it is easier to have holidays where everyone feels welcome. Alex has not kept his hand out of mine the whole way here, both in the plane and the vehicle. He loves brushing his thumb against my engagement ring. My mom does not know about that, however.

"Honey, we are home," Alex jokingly states as he parks on the side of the road and quickly runs to my door to help me out. A kind and romantic jester that eats at my heart and sends butterflies into my body. I smile and gracefully take his hand and grab onto his shoulder to pull myself out. My legs are stiff from the long drive and, despite having to hoist all my dead weight, Alex pulls me into a loving hug. He kisses the top of my fluffed hair and buries his nose into it. I smile, my cheek pressing against his chest as I take in his scent and the smell of ocean still on his clothing.

"Jack! Alex!," a sweet voice pounds through the quiet neighborhood. I hear my mother yell for my father, getting him to come for our arrival.

"Guys, I'm glad you made it," my dad chimes in. We both smile at each other before carefully making it to the front door. I watch as my parent's face grow bigger knowing I am okay and Alex is protecting me.

"Aw my poor baby," my mom softly gasps as she sees my new left foot connecting to my leg. They begin to usher us in and my mom practically demands me to sit. Alex leads me to the couch, sitting down before pulling me as close as he can at his side. I lean my back against him, wiggling to get comfortable as I watch my mom and dad sit in front of us on the adjacent couch. I smile, blush apparent on my face for the reality I find myself in.

"Are you okay now? I've been so worried ever since Alex called. I couldn't believe such a thing could happen to my baby." I can tell my mom is tearing up as my dad comforts her with a hand rubbing her back. My smile slightly fades as I reach to comfort her, holding her hands in mine.

"I'm okay mom, I promise. Alex has taken good care of me," I smile at her reassuringly and she nods, wiping a tear away, before softly gasping. I pull back to look at her, wondering the sudden change in mood. My mom looks at my dad and my dad merely nods before smiling at Alex and I. "My baby is getting married!," and just like that she almost shouts in joy. For a moment I feel she forgot all about my foot being gone because the way her face is lit now.

"Congrats, Jack. Alex," my dad speaks looking a little more stern, "he is still my boy. So. If you hurt him, I'm going to have to come after you," and the smile that lights up my dad and Alex's face let me know they both agree.

"Trust me, if I hurt him I'd be paying for it in more than one way," Alex softly speaks against my head. I feel my face heat up and I can feel Alex tug me closer to him. My dad nods approvingly and my mom's face still has frozen with joy.

"I cannot believe it! I knew it was a matter of time. With how much time you boys have been spending and all the things you said about Alex before you even knew him and and," with that my eyes widened and I started to shrivel up. Alex does not realize how much of a fanboy I was over him. I gasp softly remembering my room. How could I forget such an obvious thing? Oh my god.

"Oh? What did Jack use to say about me?" Alex asks with a huge grin on his face. He lightly rubs my arm, knowing I was nervous now. My mom perks up at this and I nearly cover my ears with my shoulders as I sink in the couch and Alex. We all know that Alex is much more to me than some band member who can sing to my heart, but it was the sheer fact of how it is and used to be that makes telling so humorous to my mom.

"Oh gosh, where do I start?," she exaggeratedly speaks.

"What about the poster incident," my dad pipes in. Alex smiles big at this, loving the moment of truth from my parents. It used to annoy them how much I would fawn over a celebrity, but now it was fun.

"Well, if you look in Jack's room his wall is littered in posters of you and your band," she begins. I groan and Alex only chuckles at me, nuzzling my hair. "And one day I was running around getting all the laundry. I went up to Jack's room and," my mom softly snickers to herself, "when I got in there, Jack was singing one of your songs to the poster of you! At the end he even gave it a kiss," and with that everyone but me was laughing. I could feel my body combust into flames of embarrassment as she continued on.

"There was also a time I accidentally caught Jack, well, being a man," my dad offers. Alex raises his eyebrows and looks at me in amusement. My mom lightly slaps his lap, but he continues. "We had just got him a pillow case to fit his body pillow, and of course he wanted a print of you. We were a bit hesitant at first, but we knew it'd make him happy, too happy you could say," I roll my eyes and bury my face against Alex who is only chuckling at the scenario. "So I went to get Jack for dinner and caught him practically making love to that pillow," I nearly cry for them to stop. Shaking my hands in desperation.

"Aww c'mon, not that story dad!" I groan loudly and look at Alex. He's smiling at me, brushing my hair through his fingers softly.

"Aw it's okay, baby, if I was you and you me, I'd do the same," Alex tries to comfort. My parents look at him a bit shocked, but laugh nonetheless.

"He still has it too," my mom chimes in. Alex grins and props me up so he can stand.

"C'mon, Jack, I wanna see this Alex room of yours."

"Fine," I softly offer as he helps me up and we begin towards my room.

"Don't you be fulfilling your fantasies on the real thing, Jack!," my mom shouts only to further my embarrassment at this moment. Alex only chuckles, shaking his head before kissing my hair. We get to the top of the steps and I slowly open the door. I step in before Alex to watch his reaction at the room. He stares at the wall littered in mostly All Time Low pictures and of him. The pictures of him surround my bed and the ceiling above it. He lays his eye on the pillow my father was talking about and goes to cuddle with it in the bed.

"Ohh this is what it's like to cuddle the famous Alex Gaskarth," he jokes. He snuggles to it and turns to smile at me. I bite my lip nervously, still shocked his in my room seeing all the decorations of his life in it. "It's okay, Jack. I think it's absolutely adorable. Hot even," and at that last part his voice deepens a little. "Do you mind shutting the door?" I mindlessly do so and watch as he opens his arms for me to crawl into. I smile, cuddling into him as he lays against his own image on a pillow.

"Are we going to make my fantasy come true?"

"Absolutely. What type of fiance would I be if I didn't disobey your parent's with you," he seductively speaks against my burning ear. I was glad he was not freaked out by the sure volume. I knew that more stories and pictures were to come, but I feel Alex is the perfect type to handle it. He is a part of my life, so knowing the parts before him and I are important to him. Knowing the life of Alex before me is interesting to me as well. Despite the embarrassment, I was just happy Alex is part of the family.