2

OUTCASTS
— 02. House of the Rising Son

  Three months had passed since the Originals' returned back to New Orleans, yet all seemed to be going the same way as it had been before in the city

Three months had passed since the Originals' returned back to New Orleans, yet all seemed to be going the same way as it had been before in the city. Cadence went to work, just as she usually did. She worked almost every day and then, came home to her troublemaking sons, who seemed to not be able to keep a single nanny for more than a week.

She couldn't allow Cami to watch the twins anymore, seeing as though Hunter and Hayden seemed to never wear the bracelets that stopped them from using magic.

On what seemed to be the only day the two cousins had off together, Cami and Cadence sat at a table at their workplace. Hunter and Hayden also sat with them, playing with their action figures and dinosaurs as Cami and Cadence conversed.

Cadence turned her head to see Marcel sitting with Klaus at a table near the window. From what she had heard in the week prior, the duo had grown closer and reunited as close friends.

Cami had a few of her textbooks and notebooks in front of her, studying for college and writing down notes as she did so.

Cami looked up from her textbooks and smiled at the twins before turning to Cadence, "Do you ever think of having another kid?" She asked her cousin curiously.

Cadence smiled sarcastically, "Ask me that same question again after I drop them off with you for a weekend," She replied sassily, causing Cami's mouth to gape open in shock.

"I guess the answer's no, then," Cami mumbled quietly, causing Cadence to quietly laugh. There was a moment of silence, just before Cami lifted her arm to check the time on her wrist. Her eyes widened when she saw what time it was, "Crap!" She exclaimed, quickly standing, "I'm going to be late to meet my thesis advisor."

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" Cadence questioned and Cami smiled, nodding her head as she gathered her belongings.

"Definitely," She responded calmly, just before turning to Hayden and Hunter, "Bye, boys."

"Bye, Aunt Cami!" The two boys waved to the blonde human, causing Cami and Cadence to smile before Cami headed toward the door.

    Klaus, who was still sitting with Marcel, noticed Cami heading toward the door and was quick to speak up, "Excuse me, love," He called out, causing both Cadence and Cami to turn their head after exchanging a glance with each other, "What's that you're studying?"

"Abnormal psychology," Cami informed him in a confident tone, clutching her textbooks to her chest.

"Abnormal psychology, well...Perhaps you could help me diagnose my friend over here," Klaus responded, lighting pulling Cami, who was smiling, over to where Marcel was sitting before he sat back down, "He's been a little bit depressed, can't keep his mind off a girl. He tells me she's a queen, fit for a king. I think he should cut his losses and move on. What's your professional opinion?"