Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Her hair was a greasy and puffy mess, her face bright red and splotchy, and her eyes were blood-shot. She was screaming in agony as she clutched at her chest, although nothing in the room was attacking her. She was crying, and crying, and crying, and sniffling, and sobbing, and crying, and crying. She started screaming again, and I immediately flinched.

Her face was dripping with the salty tears, and I saw her shaking her head back and forth. Her scream fell short, and she sobbed loudly, pained noises coming from her throat. Her breath came in gasps, and little yells escaped her lips with every breath, her vocal cords straining at their peak in a point of hysteria. Snot was dripping from her nose, and Christina was wiping it on her sleeve continuously, causing her nose to turn an even brighter shade of red. When she began screaming again, I almost shut the door and sprinted away as a black, cold feeling spread throughout my body and caused a lump in my throat. I was breaking out in a cold sweat, like I had just awaken from my worst nightmare, and I was starting to feel sick in my stomach.

Christina started clawing at her arms, drawing blood. She yelled and she screamed and she sobbed louder than I ever thought possible. Her pain and suffering radiated from her body, and the smell of blood became more pronounced with every second.

She suddenly lost control of her legs, and she fell to the ground. She pounded her fist on the ground, and I swore the whole room started to shake. She began screaming again and I wanted to cover my ears. She pushed herself from the ground and stumbled on unsteady feet to the bed in the room. She grabbed at one of the bed posts, and glared at it viciously. With one tug, the wood cracked and split in half, pieces of wood flying in all directions. Christina sobbed louder as she stared at the bedpost in her hand, growls and painful gasps starting to reverberate throughout the room.

She planted her feet firmly on the ground, and whipped around, throwing the wood at such a speed that it was gone from her hand in a blink of an eye. I watched in horror as the wood went straight through the wall. When Christina started screaming again, she began pulling at her hair, and yanked out locks of her hair.

Then she was whimpering, turning back to the bed and grabbing the covers. She pulled it up to her face and breathed it in deeply, making her calm down some. Tears were now a waterfall down her face, and Christina had her eyes closed as she cried. She whimpered, all violence vanishing, and she sniffed and breathed in the covers deeply.

She stayed in that position, and fell to her knees. Every second that ticked by, her breathing became higher and higher-pitched. Her face scrunched up, and her usual bright smile was an open frown.

She began to wail, a sound that pierced straight through my heart. Her tears were gushing onto the covers, drenching them. She started hiccupping, and if it were any other situation, I would have laughed. But I was frozen.

This wasn’t the Christina I knew, nor was she the one on camera.

Where was her smile, even if it was fake? Her hyperness, even if it was forced? That little happy bounce in her step when she walked, even if it was faked? Where was her bubbly personality, even if it was fake? Where was the person that blabbed about the latest gossip and was addicted to shopping, even if she forced herself to act like that? Where is the girl that laughed at almost everything? Yes, what happened to her laughter? Her giggles and chuckles that might have just been faked? What happened to the girl that took charge, although she may have forced herself to do so? Where is the one that wouldn’t be pushed around, although that could have been faked too?

This…

This wasn’t her!

When another scream ripped through the air, I cringed and backed away from the door. Then I stopped myself.